ASoIaF Elimination Game 31: Where would you like to live in Westeros?

Snowborn

2 per character per book so there isn't 30 Tyrion quotes. :lol:

There will be 5 parts to the elimination game (one part for one book), each having around 30 quotes.

Sounds good.

For Tyrion I want, "All dwarves are bastard's in their father's eyes." or "Then I am not a dwarf" -- or "A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone" or absolutely everything he says during his 'trial' at the Eyrie.

Plus Jaime says some witty things about not wishing to be hand of the king before he slings Bran out the window, but I haven't the books at hand to find them.

Baggsie Feast since nobody but me likes it. Or we could do Most Annoying characters like I suggested last night, whilst rather drunk.

And Leviathan I, whilst I agree that it isn't worth getting worked up over, I think you're being a bit harsh on Juli there.

That could be a solution, but still... limiting the quotes is a hard work.

Speaking of Tyrion: he has so many witty lines - and I like them all - but I personally couldn't possibly limit them. And there's the question of preference. Other people might like other quotes better than the ones I'd choose.

I guess the title of the elimination game would be "Best liked quote of ASoIaF", wouldn't it?

Baggsie Feast since nobody but me likes it.

And Leviathan I, whilst I agree that it isn't worth getting worked up over, I think you're being a bit harsh on Juli there.

What can I say, I'm a harsh person. Also, Feast is my favourite in the series (:

Maybe you could start by listing the characters, regardless of books? Just pick 15 characters and then choose 2 of their best quotes. Normally, I'd be happy to help with the selection, but I've read the books only once, so I don't think I'm the right person to do it.

ETA: You can also limit it to one-liners.

Here are some I remember (I'm quoting from memory):

"Promise me, Ned."

"You know nothing, Jon Snow."

"All dwarves are bastards in their fathers' eyes"

"Valar morghulis."

"Valar dohaeris."

"It is known."

"Jaime Lannister sends his regards." (RW Roose one-liner)

"Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold." (although this one isn't part of a dialogue, but rather just a thought in a Tyrion POV)

"Hodor." (it just has to be there)

Jaime/Tyrion

Sam/Jon

Cersei/Robert

Eddard/Catelyn

Dany/Jorah

Petyr/Varys

Hm...

Sansa/Arya

or

Sansa/Joffrey?

Edith has her say:

:bang:

Why don't we agree on a different elimination game while this 'extended eg' is being prepared in the background? We could have a thread purely for "Sorting out the Best Quotes EG"

Yeah, I guess that's the best solution.

I don't know because some really good quotes are not from major characters. You are kind of limiting yourself arbitrarily that way. It's just my opinion. Lord tyrion your list is missing Sandor Clegane, Ygritte or any beyond the wall, any ironborn or dornish characters. I vote do 5 rounds by book. :\ 30 best quotes per book.

Right.

I thought of Sandor - we could add him nevertheless. And you're right again. I missed the Dornish characters, but like I said - my list is open to discussion, and I don't have much time today. I need to leave to go to work soon.

Archived