Craster a stark

Shane snow

This is by far not the most crackpot theory on the board.... I found this topic after rereading SOS where it says Craster was "a bastard".

My first inclination was that he would have to be from one of the Houses, since bastardry among the lowborn is not as well noted. Its more a thing among the houses.

However, if its just a matter of a southernor/wildling bastardry, well that does discredit it a little, but it wouldnt be that strange to find out he was a Karstark or Umber, just given some other circumstancery.

I am curious about the poster who mentioned Edwyle Stark had a son who married a wildling. Is there any support for that?

If Craster's father was ex-NW, then he was from South of the Wall, and it is just as likely he was highborn, if not a Stark.

Well I wouldn't say it's impossible, nothing is in these books. There is a vision later on (which takes place wayyyyy long ago) when a pregnant woman is asking for her sons to avenge her. Could be those "sons" she wanted to avenge her are the "sons" she's feeding to the others. Perhaps craster isn't the first to feed his children to the others.

I was really hoping to read a compelling thread full of textual evidence on connections I miss, as I so often do. Instead I read a brief one line that consisted of a few words. Sigh... maybe some day this forum will produce a compelling theory again.

GRRM does seem to create families where members are different to each other:

• Oberyn-Doran
  • Tytos-Tywin
  • Tommen-Joffrey
  • Sandor-Gregor
  • Raynald Westerling-Sybelle Westerlimg
  • Rhaegar-Aerys
  • Rhaegar-Viserys
  • Stannis-Renly
  • Arya-Sansa

I don't think that Craster is a Stark though, a second or third cousin to Ned for example. In a way, they are related, since they both are descendants to the First Men. Perhaps Craster's father was a Karstark or even a Greystark?

oh but Jon is unique character more so then any other . by logic that someone is different then jon u could say Sam is secret Stark (u know Ned went to put end to siege of Storms End and he saw Tarly was there so he went score his wife first)

im in no means super fan of Jon (he is just only one left after RW) im just saying he is very different from almost everyone

It's been theorized on these boards before that he has Stark blood. I don't know why it's so crackpot.

Because there's not evidence to say he is. Just because something isn't impossible does mean it's possible. And I have to point out its been hypothesized on the boards not theorized because for it to be a theory it has to have some evidence which there is litterally none of it in the case of crater being a stark

Hey, do you think Craster is a green-apple Fossoway? There was this one time a Fossoway did a thing, and there's no reason a Fossoway couldn't be a Night's Watch deserter! That means Craster is secretly in league with Renly, who of course warged into Brienne. Turns out House Fossoway of New Barrel are all secret Blackfyres, which is why Raymun killed Baelor Breakspear and pinned it on Maekar.

Archived