How the Hound SHOULD'VE looked in the show?

The Mountain That Posts

I just wonder why do they change and omit some of his pivotal scenes (him telling his origin to Sansa instead of LF, with Sansa on Blackwater...)

They are Littlefinger's (and Tyrion's) fans, unfortunately.

They are Littlefinger's (and Tyrion's) fans, unfortunately.

If they keep like this, they'll just butcher his storyline so much. Maybe change it so that Tyrion falls in love with Sansa and she starts daydreaming of him in the Vale while Sandor rots away in some old forest... :bang:

• 2 weeks later...

He should have looked younger, like mid-20s or so.

He shouldn't have facial hair, and his hair should have been longer and covering his entire head, because in the books he covers his burnt scalp with the hair from the rest of his head.

And his burns should have been more red, and covering more of his face. He's supposed to be terrifying.

It's a balancing act. The more prosthetics you use, the longer it takes to shoot a scene, and the harder it is for the actor to emote through the latex. It's the reason the principal characters didn't wear helmets in Blackwater, and it's the reason the rubber mask aliens on Trek tend to rely on voice inflection and body language than facial expression. If you put too much emphasis on visuals, you are more likely to lose out elsewhere.

Ok, the rest....

I think the actor has powerful hands and huge shoulders, big as he is. The size of more private parts is unknown to me.

Sandor's hair has been described as unspectacular and unwashed, as unwashed as most guys may have been at that timesetting, the actor's hair may be all that but on top it is a little absent. Only a few years ago Rory McCann may have had more impressive hair himself and so Sandor may be balding as well if he ever gets old enough, so no wrong mask here.

Sandor's face has been described as hard and lean I believe but not as being particular attractive on the unburnt side. Not the dichtonomy Myrcella may present, lovely until she turns her head. Sandor's face, and this is neither negative nor positive, would probably have been quite unspectacular without the burns. And his gaze? Hard and unforgiving I guess, meant to create a distance to other people. Call it ice. Not my cup of tea when it comes to real life communication but to each his own.

I think HBO wanted to emhazise the aspect of protector in Sandor, the big strong rock to lean on, not saying mountain here :) . Someone to rely on, someone to count on, replacing this aspect of the lost father figure for the Stark sisters, hence the doll in Sansa's hand that drops when Sandor leaves without her, another father gone. Rory McCann is certainly more bear like than book Sandor but then here the character is easily of an age to be a father figure to the young protagonists and to many fans. He has to be old enough to represent that to Joffrey.

Is he sexy? No, not to me, too bear like. But then Book Sandor is not sexy to me either since I fancy dark resonant, modulated beautiful male voices, for sure not rasping. And, sorry to say, even a one night stand should still offer an intelligent and amiable chat at the breakfast table, otherwise he turns into a one hour stand and should please leave before falling asleep in my bed. And this would be somewhat bad manners from my side, I may be conventional here but a minimum of conversation after the act is relaxing and socially adequate behaviour imo. So I better choose someone who may stay until the tea has been finished.

Edit: I have read somewhere that Rory McCann is a musician, maybe even a singer and probably really nice. I guess I would fancy the actor far more than the character he is playing here. Sure, he is not Johnny Depp or Jude Law but who cares.

Liked your post.

I find TV Hound very alluring. I love his voice!! What a beautiful voice. I like his height, his built, his face (the burns ae hideous enough and the unburnt side looks okay).

Archived