Heresy 38

Black Crow

As I said, I was trying to place the contenders in purely Westerosi terms, but on balance I prefer Tyryan's theory.

There's no obvious opponent in Westerosi terms, though. As far as we know, Westeros was doing perfectly fine in itself, and all major magical upheavals were caused, or at least provoked, by somene(s) coming from Essos. Which is fine, because we don't need to think in Westerosi terms seeing that the conflict expands to Essos :unsure:

Also, now I can't seem to remember which one was Tyryan's theory :blushing:

ambisexual? :dunno:

Yeah, thanks. I gave up trying to come up with a term for it, but that's a good one :cool4:

ambisexual? :dunno:

hermaphrodite?

:leaving:

Also - wheres mah heresy39!!!11 :lol:

ETA: nanother - Tyryan's post is on the previous page, I think...

Also, not to double post - here's a bit on dragons, but nothing on the sex-changing thing:

The dragons in the story are scaled, fire-spewing, reptilian creatures with animal-level intelligence. Though some accompanying artwork for A Song of Ice and Fire portrays them with four legs and a detached set of wings, George R.R. Martin insists that this is incorrect. He applied as much rationalism as possible during their design so that the dragons can actually hold their weight in the air. Therefore, his dragons are more serpentine and slender than what other artists imagine, and they have four (not six) extremities, of which two are the front wings.Also, Martin first considered having the Targaryens use a pyrotechnic smoke-and-mirrors approach to feign dragon powers, but decided to go with "real" dragons instead. Martin never wanted to do talking dragons because he wanted them to differ from humans. Martin sees the dragons as the nuclear deterrent, making Daenerys as the sole owner the most powerful person in the world. Comparing the situation to modern-day states with nuclear arsenals, Martin tries to explore whether weaponry power not only bestows the power to destroy, but also to reform, improve, or build.

Archived