Will this moment involving Jon be in S3 (Book spoilers)?

GarthKITN

In the books it's yet to be confirmed what Robb put in his will, which he gave to Maege Mormont and Galbart Glover (I think?), though it's heavily implied he named Jon his heir. And it's important that it happens after learning of Sansa's marriage to Tyrion, so I think we'll see it happen in between that wedding and the RW, but it will just be a conversation between Robb and Cat about who he should name, and they'll show him writing the will (without saying what he wrote) and giving it to someone who will take off with it prior to the RW.

Then in like 5 years they'll show that scene again in the "previously on" scenes and we'll find out who Robb named. Or maybe they'll somehow tie it to Stannis trying to name Jon Lord of Winterfell in Season 4.

I would imagine they'd include it as it is part of the scene (if I recall correctly) that sets Robb's strategy for retaking the North and gives him his mojo back more or less after his campaign in the Riverlands was looking like a real lost cause. I think it's an important scene overall because it throws some of the audience off the scent of Robb being done for prior to the RW. It gives the audience the expectation that Robb is charged up to come back to retake Winterfell and set the North right again and gives him a purpose. At that point, Edmure's wedding appears to be just the one final bit of business that Robb needs to tend to before starting on his mission again. It's presented as more of a slice of humble pie Robb is going to need to swallow (dealing with Walder's barbs and insults) in order for him to make it back through the Twins and to Winterfell, not as some ominous, foreboding event. It makes what happens at the RW that much more shocking IMO.

I agree completely. I was lulled into a false sense of security. God damn that chapter...

And it was A HUGE moment for Robb. "Jon would hurt no son of mine"

SO Badass

Well given Jon's been fired from the NW the only way possible (by dying and being resurrected) it seems Robb's legitimisation and naming him the heir to Winterfell will resurface.

But what happens when it's revealed that Jon isn't Ned's son (IMO)? Robb might be able to legitimise Jon as a Stark, but as the son of Lyanna Stark (IMO) he still can't be named Robb's heir above Bran and Rickon once they are revealed as still being alive. I would think Arya and Sansa have a better claim as Queens of the North than Jon as king, given Jon is the son of a female stark. Ned's daughters are ahead of Lyanna in the line of succession, which puts them ahead of Jon.

I think you can name everyone as your heir. It is still not explicitely explained how it works and so everything is possible.

My prediction is that the horn of winter will be blown and the wall will come down. It will change the status quo and the Nightwatch will be no more. So Jon can do what he likes.

And besides, can direwolfes be men of the Nightwatch;-)?

Archived