My audition video

Jayuk83

Hey, good work on the article. You're getting there. I've posted your video here and there, eg Twitter, if that's alright.

Of course it's alright! I really appreciate it, in fact. Hit me up on twitter and we can stay in touch.

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd give you people an update (if you're interested)... they're currently casting season 4. My agent sent across my audition video and... got told off. Ha. I really don't know how new talent is supposed to get an opportunity to audition. Such a catch-22.

Just thought I'd give you people an update (if you're interested)... they're currently casting season 4. My agent sent across my audition video and... got told off. Ha. I really don't know how new talent is supposed to get an opportunity to audition. Such a catch-22.

I've gotten the impression from other people on this forum who made videos like yours that producers actually dislike when you do this kind of thing. But I got no connection to the acting business whatsoever so maybe I'm wrong.

As everybody else said though, good take on Dareon.

I've gotten the impression from other people on this forum who made videos like yours that producers actually dislike when you do this kind of thing. But I got no connection to the acting business whatsoever so maybe I'm wrong.

As everybody else said though, good take on Dareon.

Yeah, I think that's correct. However, when you can't get an audition ANYWAY what odds does it make? We're told to be proactive and innovative in order to make stuff happen, and then when we are those things we get told it's unprofessional. Either way, we're screwed unless we're represented by one of the top agents and happen to get an audition anyway!

Wow, great job! I agree with everyone else that said that your Dareon was excellent. You did a really good job in humanizing all three characters IMO, and I hope you get a part.

Thank you. But, as I've said above, I think even getting an audition is gonna be hard!

Yeah, I think that's correct. However, when you can't get an audition ANYWAY what odds does it make? We're told to be proactive and innovative in order to make stuff happen, and then when we are those things we get told it's unprofessional. Either way, we're screwed unless we're represented by one of the top agents and happen to get an audition anyway!

Yeah, tough world I guess. You should have credit for trying though.

Take a breather. You're very good, but none of these characters are going to be in Season 4. The producers on the show have literally so much to juggle, they don't want to get ahead of themselves, so it's understandable they'd get annoyed by a video like this. At the moment, they're probably deep into trying to find actors to play the big roles of Season 4 and they probably haven't even considered Dareon, Aegon or Quentyn yet. Definitely don't give up, that's the only advice I can give.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I've had some good news on this... my audition video featured in an article in The Huffington Post about "Five Entrepreneurial Film Professionals". You can read the article here: http://www.huffingto..._b_2759581.html

All very good, but I still need your help. It's my belief that casting for season 4 will start within the next couple of months and I am going to try my hardest to get Nina Gold to view my video. To do that, I want to make the video unavoidable for her, and that means as many views, comments and likes as possible would be a great help. If you want to help, please share the

with as many people as you can; tweet it, share via facebook... anything. I wouldn't usually ask for help in this way, but this is my dream production and all I want is an audition - the chance to convince them.

It's not as if I'm some crazy fan who wants to be in the show - I'm a professional actor with a good deal of experience behind me, who just happens to be a huge fan of the books and the show.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hey, would you mind telling me how to audition? It's not for me, it's for my little niece. She probably isn't going to get a part but she's a fan and she has a crush on NCW.

Much obliged!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, would you mind telling me how to audition? It's not for me, it's for my little niece. She probably isn't going to get a part but she's a fan and she has a crush on NCW.

Much obliged!

Sorry, I've only just seen this!

Erm, so yeah, telling you how to audition (or your neice, rather), is like telling you how to make a best selling pop song. I know what is required, but it's impossible to make it happen.

Where to start? Well... Nina Gold is the casting director, or more specifically, her casting company casts it, of which Robert Sterne tends to handle Game of Thrones. Nina Gold is a huge casting director in the UK, perhaps the biggest.

You can't just stroll in for an audition, you need to be called in.

To be called in, you need to have your agent submit you.

To have your agent submit you, you need to be suitable for one of the roles sent out to agents via a casting call.

For your agent to receive this casting call, they most likely need to be one of the top agents; in this instance, it seems Nina Gold uses the following agents: Emptage Hallett, Independent, CAM, ARG, United Agents, Ken McReddie, Troika, Conway Van Gelder, Debi Allen... and a couple more (but not many).

To be represented by one of these agents you need to have some hefty TV and/or film credits already on your CV and/or have been to one of the top drama schools. Long story short, it's tough. Hence why I'm finding it so difficult to even get an audition, despite having a decent CV!

Unfortunately, the whole industry is built on catch 22s and double-edged swords.

Wow, Jay. Not only blessed with an apt appearance and excellent acting skills, but also the intelligence and initiative and hunger to make this video. You're a steal!

Don't be dissuaded by your agent getting told off - persevering sometimes doesn't pay off, but sometimes it does! And with audition video material like this, perseverence is not too dear bought.

I am sorry for the tricky news, Jay, I was very impressed by your tape. These things, at the beginning, sadly tend to happen by accident, with a lot of telling off along the way. Good luck!

Oh great audition!Especially Dareon!

Jay for Dareon!

Good luck :-D

I'm in with everyone voting you up for Dareon! Best of luck to you my man. :thumbsup:

Very impressive, well done

Wow, Jay. Not only blessed with an apt appearance and excellent acting skills, but also the intelligence and initiative and hunger to make this video. You're a steal!

Don't be dissuaded by your agent getting told off - persevering sometimes doesn't pay off, but sometimes it does! And with audition video material like this, perseverence is not too dear bought.

I am sorry for the tricky news, Jay, I was very impressed by your tape. These things, at the beginning, sadly tend to happen by accident, with a lot of telling off along the way. Good luck!

Thanks for the kind words and words of encouragement, all! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I've only just seen this!

Erm, so yeah, telling you how to audition (or your neice, rather), is like telling you how to make a best selling pop song. I know what is required, but it's impossible to make it happen.

Where to start? Well... Nina Gold is the casting director, or more specifically, her casting company casts it, of which Robert Sterne tends to handle Game of Thrones. Nina Gold is a huge casting director in the UK, perhaps the biggest.

You can't just stroll in for an audition, you need to be called in.

To be called in, you need to have your agent submit you.

To have your agent submit you, you need to be suitable for one of the roles sent out to agents via a casting call.

For your agent to receive this casting call, they most likely need to be one of the top agents; in this instance, it seems Nina Gold uses the following agents: Emptage Hallett, Independent, CAM, ARG, United Agents, Ken McReddie, Troika, Conway Van Gelder, Debi Allen... and a couple more (but not many).

To be represented by one of these agents you need to have some hefty TV and/or film credits already on your CV and/or have been to one of the top drama schools. Long story short, it's tough. Hence why I'm finding it so difficult to even get an audition, despite having a decent CV!

Unfortunately, the whole industry is built on catch 22s and double-edged swords.

Thank you for the advice, appreciate it!

• 7 months later...

Hey guys! Just bumping this thread again as casting comes back around. I've wrestled with the choice of whether to make the link public or not and quite frankly, I don't see what difference it will make either way. I am sick of sitting on my bum and not doing anything as the greatest show of all time passes me by. I put a lot of effort in to this casting video and all I've ever hoped is for casting to see it.

Let me know your thoughts if you want. Or don't. Haha. No idea what the best course of action is... If someone knows the answer to enhance my chances, please do let me know, because I really don't know the answer. Cheers!

The link again is: http://youtu.be/-2GaRKbosQw

Archived