My audition video

Jayuk83

I'm no real expert but I give these things a lot of thought. As someone mentioned (way earlier) I think it was a mistake to send the video when you did, but don't worry about it's been almost a year or so. Furthermore, I think you should send in (if you do so again) only the audition for the part which you're most suitable for. In this case and taking into account the general opinion (including mine) it is clearly Dareon. Basically my advice is to show more confidence on what part you want to play in the show and when they do cast it they won't miss it. You might not ever know they looked at you, but at this point I believe it's garanteed that they will.

Keep the youtube video and edit another one just for Dareon, with more screentime maybe (if you're up for it).

Good Luck!

• 1 month later...

My Dear Jayuk83,

I am with all these nice fellows supporting you man and wish you all the best possible. I've read all of the topic, very moving as i am also an actor and feel the exact same difficulties (i have an agent, very small agency, they do not seems to have many connections which means basically i have got 2 auditions since 5 months) and like you i am working on getting what is the key to us my dear camarade : INFORMATION

Ser Maneth Gossard got it right, first it's been a year now, so go for it again, do not put it on youtube, it is not the right professionnal thing to do (unless it is allowed and asked by the casting team) you 'll find GRRM talking exactly about people who are submitting things to him and how it does not work like that, at 1 hour 20 minutes and 38 seconds, here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkzodgRaze8

Just send again your self-taped audition, i am not an expert but a lot of people here are, trust there feelings about your work and go for Dareon! Cut as much as you can, make it clean, 2 or 3 minutes might be enough, casting directors do not have time to a 7 minutes self tape audition, they got to check 100 Videos a day, who knows.

Check everyday what is going on in the next season 5, if there is informations about the characters who will be cast, then you'll have a better chance to adapt your self taped audition.

Do not give up, never, you are talented, and never put that show over everything, it might not be in the cards for you today but it's not the end of the world, many new opportunities will come to you, and like Paulo Coelho said in The Alchemist

“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”

If you want to talk i am here, and who knows we might be in the show together.

Kind Regards,

My Dear Jayuk83,

Just send again your self-taped audition, i am not an expert but a lot of people here are, trust there feelings about your work and go for Dareon! Cut as much as you can, make it clean, 2 or 3 minutes might be enough, casting directors do not have time to a 7 minutes self tape audition, they got to check 100 Videos a day, who knows.

Good advice. 7 minutes is way too long, 2 minutes is probably too long. Choose one character and nail it. No intros or songs, just your ident and agent and the bit.

The original Mountain's self-tape is a technically clean good one.

CD's get smashed by actors showreels, they'll make their minds up in the first 30 seconds.

Well said Halb,

Some casting directors told me that when they get showreels they have a very clear idea in only 10 seconds. They can say if an actor is truthful or not so they mostly never see the entire showreel.

A good advice i got for my showreel was to put the strongest moment at the beginning, like Halb said, no music, nothing that can distract the professionnals who will watch you, they know exactly what they do not want to see, so make them a favor and strike hard with the strongest scene you can find in the books. That is what i am working on for Quentyn Martell.

You can check how Gwendoline Christie ( Brienne of Tarth) and Pedro Pascal ( Oberyn Martell) got the part here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RHw8IqUB-0

It's a very exciting moment for actors all around the world give your best, with no regrets, never.

Best wishes

Great audition video! I think you would nail Dareon and I wish you all the best. You managed to sell that character in just a few short minutes. I can also see you play Aegon. I wouldn't be dissuaded by being in your late 20s. That would mean you're only a little older than Emilia Clarke so it shouldn't be an issue. Even though Aegon is a stroppy teen in the books, I can still see that being used in an adult Aegon too. I always felt that Aegon had a streak of Viserys to him...not quite as demented but definitely has the flaws of impatience and petulance which seems to be Targaryen characteristics.

As for Quentyn, I think you did very good there but I'd imagine they're casting darker-skinned actors for the Dornish as evidenced by Pedro Pascal and Indira Varma.

Archived