Why I dislike Daenerys Targaryen

MDT

people forget that the dornish sold the other sellswords under the bus and said they were to betray dany, when in fact they were to join her side

What I'm saying is that he showed no real personal desire for her. There was only my father expects this of me, I'm a prince of Dorne, I can't go back home with failure, etc. He also wished that he had kissed the Drinkwater twins before he died and wanted to marry the Yronwood girl.

Jorah is a Nice Guy but Quentyn was not.

What I'm saying is that he showed no real personal desire for her. There was only my father expects this of me, I'm a prince of Dorne, I can't go back home with failure, etc. He also wished that he had kissed the Drinkwater twins before he died and wanted to marry the Yronwood girl.

Which really isn't unusual in this story. Most of the marriages shown in the story so far have been arranged and have started with little mutual attraction. Even Ned and Cat, which is probably he happiest and healthiest adult relationship shown in the series so far, likely started out very awkwardly and with little initial attrection due to Cat originally being betrothed to Ned's brother.

Which really isn't unusual in this story. Most of the marriages shown in the story so far have been arranged and have started with little mutual attraction. Even Ned and Cat, which is probably he happiest and healthiest adult relationship shown in the series so far, likely started out very awkwardly and with little initial attrection due to Cat originally being betrothed to Ned's brother.

But to call him a Nice Guy he would have to be attracted to her and feel that she owes him her affection.

No. She's a 16 to 17 year old girl who just forcibly conquered a city state and declared herself ruler. The standards in which we judge her are therfeore justifiably higher because of that (and that's even disregarding the fact that children are expected to be mature decision-makers at a much younger age in Westeros than they are in the modern real world.)

I always thought she was 13 (born perhaps late 284?) at the star of the books and about 15 (first 2 books are approximatly 2 years 298-299) when she reached slavers bay.

Archived