Xaro Xhoan Daxos

Yvonne Veronique

Some BS about the vault being made of Valyrian Steel and Ducksauce offering make anyone that could open the vault rich beyond their wildest dreams (to no avail) point to no, I'm afraid.

Well, Ducksauce was full of shit, so, who knows. :P

I hope he comes back for Meereen, though. He was really good last season.

Possibly, which might make it more surprising for the audience if he does appear to Dany in Meereen. I just hope they don't butcher it like they did in Qarth.

There were a lot of changes in the Qarth storyline, but the only one that ticked me off was what they did to Doreah and Xaro. I hope they fix it somehow, get him out of the vault and get the guy to guest star whenever they adapt ADwD.

Also, welcome to the forum. :D

Well it was supposed to be filled with treasure and it was not but unless there is a secret way out I can not see it. The fact that he did not have any wealth in it makes the secret passage theroy possible I suppose but it would be pretty lame. Someones got to take over Quarth now that all the other leaders are dead. Maybe they just come up with a new guy.

Yeah, coming up with a new guy is very likely, but I hope they don't do it. They keep making changes that could easily be avoided. I don't like that.

I'm fairly new here, so I have no idea if this topic has been brought up before, but what path do you think the series is going to take after locking Xaro Xhoan Daxos seemingly forever? We obviously know that in the books he returns to Dany and eventually wages war against her. This was crucial as it added another enemy to the endless list of people that want Daenerys dead.

So my ultimate question is, who are they going to put in place of Xaro Xhoan Daxos if he doesn't make a magical reappearance or will they write that part out completely?

Good topic, he may make a cameo when that time comes around. Maybe he will have a clever way of how he got out of the chamber. Who knows?

Also, welcome to the forum. :D

Thank you! I'm trying to get used to the pace of things here.

Good topic, he may make a cameo when that time comes around. Maybe he will have a clever way of how he got out of the chamber. Who knows?

My issue with that is if he manages to get out, what about Doreah? Girl is supposed to be long gone.

My issue with that is if he manages to get out, what about Doreah? Girl is supposed to be long gone.

She's his sole source of food while trying to get out of the vault? :stillsick:

Thank you! I'm trying to get used to the pace of things here.

Haha, if Doxas makes a cameo, I doubt she would be there. Maybe he will eat her?

Haha, that works perfectly. Genius!

Hah! Exactly, lol

Thank you!

Bienvenue aux forums en passant!

Merci, mon chérie. :]

I'm surprised so many people care about Xaro, since he was a pretty poor character in the books and even worse on the show. I was happy they locked him away.

I couldn't give two fucks for him, but he is somewhat important only because he's the one that always treats with Dany.

I couldn't give two fucks for him, but he is somewhat important only because he's the one that always treats with Dany.

Well so far, he is the only one Dany has come into contact with on the show and is still alive. For the audience sake, it might be good to bring him back in a year or two when they shoot book 4/5. Also, Vous êtes très beau, Yvonne. Who knew so many people spoke french on Westeros?

Well so far, he is the only one Dany has come into contact with on the show and is still alive. For the audience sake, it might be good to bring him back in a year or two when they shoot book 4/5. Also, Vous êtes très beau, Yvonne. Who knew so many people spoke french on Westeros?

I feel like they're doing the audience a disservice in the long run, but that's just my opinion. Barely any of them will remember how important Qarth is once Dany begins her war.

Vous me flattez. I'm learning French, I'm actually Hispanic.

There were a lot of changes in the Qarth storyline, but the only one that ticked me off was what they did to Doreah and Xaro. I hope they fix it somehow, get him out of the vault and get the guy to guest star whenever they adapt ADwD.

Don't think too racist of me now but my biggest concern was actually Xaro himself. Why couldn't they just have said to him, we got this perfect big role for you in season 5, he's called Moqorro. I don't get that slum boy from Summer Islands thing, he was of a centuries old native family but still considered an upstart in that stagnant society.

I also don't like the whole merchant's run the place thing. That's for Pentos!

I feel like they're doing the audience a disservice in the long run, but that's just my opinion. Barely any of them will remember how important Qarth is once Dany begins her war.

Vous me flattez. I'm learning French, I'm actually Hispanic.

Agreed...you have a point, and good luck with learning french! :cheers:

Don't think too racist of me now but my biggest concern was actually Xaro himself. Why couldn't they just have said to him, we got this perfect big role for you in season 5, he's called Moqorro. I don't get that slum boy from Summer Islands thing, he was of a centuries old native family but still considered an upstart in that stagnant society.

I also don't like the whole merchant's run the place thing. That's for Pentos!

Dude, he would have been///perfect for Moqorro...literally perfect. Dropped the ball DnD...tsk, tsk, tsk

I also thought that it was dumb that they totally changed Xaro's backstory, but I think Nanso Ananzie did a pretty good job. After the first episode, I just kinda got used to it. They changed up a lot of shit in Quarth for no good reason...

I also thought that it was dumb that they totally changed Xaro's backstory, but I think Nanso Ananzie did a pretty good job. After the first episode, I just kinda got used to it. They changed up a lot of shit in Quarth for no good reason...

Ahh, rest in peace, Qarth from the books. You'll never be viewed in all your glory by the audience.

I don't know, since nothing really comes of it in the books besides we won't declare for you (Which is sort of obvious in the show), I'll be glad we don't have to waste precious time on something that can be learned intuitively, especially considering how condensed the stories have to be on the show.

I don't know, since nothing really comes of it in the books besides we won't declare for you (Which is sort of obvious in the show), I'll be glad we don't have to waste precious time on something that can be learned intuitively, especially considering how condensed the stories have to be on the show.

I guess you're right if we're speaking of time constraints. I like all of these different POVs I'm getting in this topic, I was always flustered with how they handled it in the show.

Yeah, he played it well, it just felt out of place compared to the books.

But as David C. Hunter said, he would have fit Moqorro even better, going around that boat saying wise stuff all the time. But I do hope that they get the guy from the Green Mile for that role now.

Edit: Michael Clarke Duncan.

Archived