Which POVS do you want The Winds of Winter to focus on?

Holy Sock

• 2 weeks later...

I want Dany out of Mereen.. and lots of her POV.

Arya .. She is one of my faves. I like what GRRM has done with her and would like to see where she is going.

Jon... I think in the very end of the last book GRRM got him out of the Crows now lets see what he will do with a new start. Mel of course will revive/ressurect him.

Tyrion.. He is one of my faves and so unpredictable I want more.

to a lesser degree... minor pov's.

Jaime, Bran. Rickon. Aegon. Jorah, Barristan.

I want it all I think that is also why GRRM had to split the last book into two releases.. So we will have to see what happens.. I don't actually see him ending this in two books... Besides the series is so wildly popular on TV.. he needs to make more.

1. The High Septon - Need to get an alternative POV in Kings Landing, and not just the POV of the high families. The seven god religion may play a huge role in the final battle for Westeros, so that faction needs to be developed.

2. Spartacus - How can Dany leave Essos if some other leader doesn't step up to lead the great slave revolt all across the continent? Otherwise Dany will just have to stay there to free every slave in Essos before she can go to Westeros, and then the series would run to 10 books.

3. Tyrion - Always great for a laugh. Of course, maybe Tyrion could become Spartacus so that Dany could leave for Westeros. He should become the Emperor of Essos. But it won't happen because Dany needs a little hand.

4. Arya - Just give this girl her own series of books. I'll read them all. Don't even care if she ever gets back to Westeros. She has a whole new continent to explore!

5. Cersei - She needs to fight back. She and Jaime may be doomed, but if Cersei and Jaime are dead, then who is Dany going to fight against if she ever gets to Westeros?

6. Jaime & Brienne - I see these two as a single POV now. Both these characters are among my favorites. Only trouble is that I don't really see how they are supposed to contribute to the main story arc though. Maybe they won't even be in The Winds of Winter. Or maybe they took ship for Mereen...

7. Tormund - Wildlings are about the only people I care about on Westeros. Live free or die! The rest are just a bunch of kneelers...

I'm going to go off the beaten path and say Sam the Slayer. I think the Citadel story is going to be much more interesting than people anticipate, and is also going to tie in a lot with other POVs - they are after all at the hub of the Raven information network.

After that, Bran, the 3-eyed Crow for nearly the same reason. He's now at the nexus of Weirnet, which not only can give insight into action in the present, but fill us in on backstory as recent as the Tourney at Harrenhall and as far back as The Age of Heroes if necessary. And am I the only one who found it significant that there were weirwood saplings growing at Crackclaw Point where Brienne fought with and killed Shagwell, Pyg and Tymeon? I think team weir could make a comeback.

Arya just because I love the spunky little 12-year-old.

Cersei - because her final descent into madness is going to be a joy to watch unfold.

Jon Connington- because if they capture Storm's End, the Young Griff (Whether he's Aegon VI or not) is going to put a lot of pressure on King's Landing (and therefore Cersei) and provide a place where Dany could land her Unsullied and dragons.

Selmy Barristan - because we need a point of view on Slaver's Bay, and he's in command of Dany's troops at the moment.

Theon - because damn, we need to find out how things are going in the area of Winterfell. Go Stannis!

The North:

Jon/Ghost

Melisandre

Theon

Asha

Bran

Davos

The Riverlands:

Jaime

Brienne

The Vale:

Sansa

The Iron Islands:

Aeron

The Reach:

Samwell

Dorne:

Areo Hotah

The Stormlands/Crownlands:

Cersei

Jon Connington

Arianne

Essos:

Arya

Dany

Tyrion

Barristan

Victarion

New POV Characters:

The Blackfish. We need a POV in the Riverlands and the surrounding area if Jaime and Brienne are going to be tied up with the Brotherhood for a while. I agree with the theory that Blackfish is making for Greywater Watch to team up with Howland Reed, Lady Mormant and the people who have been hiding out there.

Euron Crow's Eye or A Member Of House Tyrell. We need another POV character to give us a glimpse of the Ironborn's invasion of the Reach. Sam will be our eyes and ears from Oldtown, but if the Ironborn are making advances elsewhere, and since the Tyrells are marching to fight them, we need to see these events unfold. Unless of course the climax of everything going on there is at Oldtown, but I feel like we need at least one more viewpoint aside from Sam to experience this part of the war.

Doran Martell Or Somebody Dornish. Hotah is off hunting the Darkstar and I have absolutely no idea where this plot is going. I really couldn't care less, probably because it hasn't been given that much time to develop thus far and so I'm not invested in it. But while Hotah is away on the hunt, somebody in power in Dorne needs to provide reaction to both Quentyn's death and to whatever Arianne will be doing when she meets Aegon. I suspect she will marry him and involve Dorne in the war, which may or may not go over well for poor Doran. Regardless, we need another set of eyes and ears in Dorne to better experience things in that corner of the world.

And just for fun: Aurane Waters or Edric Storm. Edric was being taken into the Stepstones and some of the Golden Company went missing there and Aurane Waters has turned himself into a pirate king. I feel like there is a bigger story brewing here. If we can't get a new POV here then perhaps Aegon will send Connington to the Stepstones to look for the rest of his army if Connington objects to his marriage to Arianne.

Anything from Meereen would be good, just so long as they actually move the plot along. I'd particularly like to read more from Ser Barristan, he was probably the saving grace of ADwD's Essos plotline.

Definitely need a large focus on Jon Snow, to keep up the focus of the growing threat that The Others present. Also, the Riverlands storyline could do with wrapping up, and for that I'd like to see a great focus on Jaime Lannister, or maybe introduce a Tully POV. We could have Edmure, The Blackfish or maybe even bring back Catelyn as a POV character.

On an interesting side note who do people think will die?

That is what the real question is. And despite us fans, I don't think GRRM's gonna actually create new POVs.

As far as the POVs-to-die are concerned:

I have this feeling that Melisandre's not staying for long...

Jon will come back after a few Mereen scenes or probably in the prologue...

Victarion's dead meat (preferrably roasted) the minute he gets that horn blown

You cant keep Aeron and Euron in the same ship, atleast not for long...

Theon's not dying (he's the only guy with the right to challenge Euron)...

Jaime/Brienne? Or both? I dont want to choose

Sansa's gonna get very important, need more of her.

Danaerys will get many chapters (I dont think she's going back to Mereen).

Davos will get too few, but will pick his (& the North's) storyline up considerably.

Tyrion's going to deal with some serious leadership crisis in Dany's absence, but the posters are probably right about the "sharing the spotlight" idea.

I could see Arianne being thrust into the spotlight in the next novel too, her opening chapters don't reveal an awful lot of information which suggests that they are building up Arianne's character for a larger role.

Dorne and KL are two complicated storylines but Arianne's probably gonna bridge them.

I expect that the Wall storyline will be placed firmly on the back burner throughout the next book, probably until the final chapters where we might see something like the 'Meereen-heavy' conclusion of 'A Dance With Dragons'. Mainly from a meta-level, because the story here is much more advanced than the rest of the plot threads.

Totally agree on that.

Chapters by character:

Tyrion - good amount, probably 6-7, idk what he'll do

Jaime - if he doesn't die right away, I can't see him getting more than 3-4 especially if he joins up with Brienne

Cersei - good amount, probably 5-6, she'll probably survive the trial (I think Marge will die) and go back to Casterly Rock and her story might intersect with the Ironborn??

Dany - good amount, probably 7-8, she'll take control of the Khalasar, start getting ready to go to Westeors (lol)

Sansa - decent amount, maybe 4-5, knowing George, we'll be looking foward to graphic Sweetrobin/Sansa sex scenes

Arya - decent amount, maybe 4, she'll probably kill somebody then meet up with Nymeria and kill the Freys or Stoneheart? I hope Jaqen kills her for not giving up being Arya Stark. She can be like, "How my hair look, Jaq?" Jaqen will be like "You look good, girl" think The Wire season 5

JonS- WOLVES DON'T GET CHAPTERS

Davos - a few, 2-4? I don't care about this story, all I want is to see Rickon kill a unicorn with his bear hands and eat a person. Davos may die on Skagos.

Theon - 2-6, 2 if he is executed, maybe 5-6 if he still has a role to play.

Arianne - 6-7, she already has 2 chapters relatively early in the story, so she'll have quite a few more unless she suddenly dies, which I doubt

Sam - anywhere from 4-8 depending on whether the maester stuff is actually important, but ol' Samwise is still important to the story!

Victarion - 70-80, idk just make the whole book from Victorian's point of view and I'll buy 10 copies. But actually he'll probably get like 3 to 5.

Brienne - idk 2-3, especially if she meets up with Jaime. None if she's actually a zombie.

Melisandre - 5-6, she'll probably be the Wall PoV.

Asha - 1-2, I'm pretty sure she'll die during the battle of Winterfell

Barristan - 3, I'm pretty sure he'll die during the battle of Meereen

Damphair - 3-4, he's trying to convince the Ironborn to forsake Euron (i think?)

Areo - 1, I think we'll see Doran's reaction to Quentyn's death and maybe Sandsnake/Darkstar stuff? I don't think he'll die though.

Bran - 4-5, he'll probably go to Land of Always Winter. Bloodraven is definately working for the Great Other, and I think Bran will become a supervillain.

JonCon - 2-3, he'll definitely die, but I don't think it'll be of his Greyscale. Arriane can take over as PoV of Aegon's campaign and they can have hot possible cousin sex.

I was a bit liberal with the chapters because obviously I have no idea who gets how many.

Predicted PoV deaths: Barristan, JonCon, Brienne or Jaime, Asha, Arya, maybe Theon, maybe Davos, maybe Jon is already dead

Predicted Important Non PoV deaths: Sweetrobin, Marge, Loras (hoping the rumors at Dragonstone are true, can't stand him), Lancel (will prob fight against Qyburnstein's monster), Bloodraven (will pass his powers onto Bran), Jojen, Meera, Hodor (Bran will destroy them?), Mance, Roose, Ramsay, Manderly (everyone at Winterfell), Jorah, possibly Rhaegal and Viserion at the Battle of Meereen, TONS OF OTHERS

The WOW will surely focus more on the Wall and beyond the Wall. Since Jon is a goner (just for awhile), Mel will be our POV at the Wall, which is okay as long as she'll give us a good viewpoint about the magic surrounding the Wall and the mystery of Azor Ahai who fought the Others (if she knows anything). Bran will learn more about magic, too, which I think is interesting; so, go Bran! Show us some magic tricks.

Aside from the Wall, I'm also eager to know how on earth will Dany get her ass out of Slavers Bay. I'm tired of reading about the long and winding unlooseable Meereenesse knot, so I'm hoping Ser Barry, Tyrion, and even eek Victarion will resolve it as soon as possible in behalf of the lost queen, then we can all move on. And the WOW excerpts of Battle of Meereen seem very interesting, too. Can't wait!

Last but not the least, I want Cersei to fuck things up again and have her revenge against the HS if she can. It would be interesting to know also how she would react about the threat of Others or the tales of dragons stirring in the east. Would she care? Of course there is Aegon she needs to handle, too. Maybe the prophecy is misleading; I mean she's told that a younger and more beautiful queen is going to cast her down. What if it's a young handsome prince? Crackpot, crackpot!

That is all for now. I might add some more next time.

Most people think that asos is the best book in the series and if you look at that, there is actually no dominating pov/ Povs. whereas agot is mainly ned, acok Mainly tyrion and arya, affc mainly cersei and brienne and adwd mainly jon and tyrion. whereas although IIRC it's arya who has the most chapters, theres no storyline which I'd say is the main one. so I'd rather TWOW was like this and gave each character relatively equal billing, which would hopefully make it as good as ASOS especially seeing as essentially every pov is gonna have a really interesting storyline in this one

I would really enjoy a Benjen POV

Let us know what's up with Jon. I know GRRM said there will be 2 battles early in the book. Always a fun read those battles.

Osha/Rickon/Davos

Get Arya and Dany back to Westeros

Jamie/Brienne/Bwob

And the Citadel I'm actually excited to what's going on over there with Sam and Sarella and Jaquen H'ghar

I would like to see Brans chapters explore the lore of the others, with looks back into the past through the weirwoods. Im also interested to see the development of Dornes role affecting Dany if she moves closer to Westeros and obviously what happens in Winterfell with Stannis.. hes my fav.

For Stannis!

I'm hoping that we get way more Arya & Sansa povs(more in line with what they had in acok and asos), while continuing to get a decent amount from Jon (if he continues to be a pov character) and perhaps a fair few less from Tyrion and Dany. Davos getting a fair amount of chapters would be nice as well, and perhaps a slightly more frequent update from bran would be cool.

keeping most of the other "pov" character's chapters to a minimum would be ideal (especially the likes of cersei, brienne, joncon, arianne and victarion)

hope i didnt forget one...yeah

I, for one, am all about consolidation when it comes to POVs. Regarding the series and the "fanning out" of the characters, I recently read an interview with GRRM (http://shelf-life.ew...e-with-dragons/). GRRM mentioned that all the characters are branching out to different areas, but that we are going to see them converge again, and very soon it seems. My ideal POV list might look like this:

1. Melisandre- At the Wall, but only until Jon Snow is resurrected.

2. Bran- Beyond the Wall. Considering his training with Bloodraven, he has limitless possibilities for narration.

3. Davos- Skagos, finally letting us know what's happening with Rickon and Osha.

4. Theon- The North, able to cover a lot of stories (Stannis, Asha, Roose Bolton's opposition, Ramsay).

5. Jaime- Riverlands, traveling with Brienne and encountering Lady Stoneheart/BWB.

6. Sansa- The Vale, narrating Littlefinger's shenanigans and plotting her return to the field.

7. Samwell- Oldtown and The Reach, witnessing the threat of Euron.

8. Tyrion- Slaver's Bay, hopefully meeting up with Barristan during the fight for Mereen.

9. Daenerys- Slaver's Bay, but I have a feeling she'll be arriving in Westeros via a captive of Victarion.

10. Victarion- Slaver's Bay, fighting in the Battle of Mereen and searching for Daenerys.

11. Cersei- Kings Landing, narrating the trials and her decent into madness.

12. Arianne- Stormlands, giving us development with Jon Connington, Aegon, and his campaign for the Iron Throne.

13. Arya- Braavos, hopefully making her arc reunite with the main storyline.

14. Barristan- Slaver's Bay, leading Dany's military in her absence.

15. Aeron- Iron Islands.

I tried to condense the POV characters as much as possible. More than likely, there'll be more

I hope WoW focuses on Daenerys (to get her ass moving already), Melisandre/Jon (because they're facing the ultimate conflict beyond the Wall), Arya (to get her involved with the rest of the characters), Sansa (so we can see the Vale making a power play amid all this warring), and Arianne/Aegon/Jon Connington (to build the impending Dance of Dragons pt. II).

Most important POV characters for me remain Arya, Bran, Jon, Sansa, Danaerys,

Theon, Tyrion and Jaime

Ones I would especially be interested in seeing more of are Melisandre, Davos (Because he is in Skagos), Sam and Connington.

Purely wishful thinking but good POV's we haven't seen would be Varys (obviously), Benjen, Littlefinger, Doran, Edric Dayne, Gendry, Septa Lemore, Jojen or Howland Reed, Margaery Willas or Loras Tyrell, Roose Bolton, Edmure Tully, Blackfish, Jeyne Westerling.

Archived