What age did you start to read ASOIAF?

King of Winters

My best friend started reading the books in 1998, when we were in highschool. All our lives we would make fun of him for his love of all things fantasy( asoiaf, lotr, harry potter etc) saying things like "oh go slay a dragon!!" He tried to convince me to read it for I guess 13 years . When word of the hbo show came around he was so excited and forced all of us to watch. I immediatly fell in love and read the books right away and bought up every piece of asoiaf memorobilia i could find(thank you ValyrianSteel.com). We would sit in bars and talk about the story for hours, regretting that I hadn't taken his advice and read the books earlier. My friend Tony died this past october 29th during hurrican Sandy when a tree fell on his house. I take some solace in the fact that he was in his bedroom, probably reading a book he loved so much. Sorry maybe not what the thread is about but once I got started I could not stop. I was 27 when I started reading I guess.

That's pretty powerful, man. Sorry for your loss. It's good that books and communities like this one can give us escape from the dreaded reality we live in.

I was 13 or 14; don't recall exactly. Game, Clash, and Storm had all been released and Feast was a year or so away. I smashed through the first three in two weeks and patiently waited for Feast.

Then I had to suffer with the rest for Dance.

I'm sixteen now, and I've started when I was twelve.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who started to read the books at such an "early" age. Just randomly took AGOT out in the fantasy section at the local library.

Started reading book one and two while season two was running at 21 yrs old.

I watched the episode where Theon takes Winterfell and I had no idea what was going on, but I knew I liked it.

Finished ACoK before the next episode aired and I finished reading the series in the shows off-season.

Been hooked ever since. :cool4:

Archived