What age did you start to read ASOIAF?

King of Winters

I'm a huge fan of fantasy, be it a book, film or game and so my friend introduced me to GoT when I was thirteen, so two years ago. I purchased GoT and instantly fell in love with it. I purchased the rest of the books, and then began watching the TV series. I absolutely love it and have re-read the series multiple times.

i started reading the books a few months after Season 1 of the TV show,i was 30yo at the time (a bit old :P)

it took me about a year to finish the series cause i was reading them in english instead of my native language,which was a bit tough but i don't regret it,the original version was much better than the translation

I started them when I was about 15...don't really remember the year but the first 3 were already out by then, and I didn't have to wait that long for AFFC. I remember being so disappointed with it I didn't even bother reading the 5th book until last year lol

I started watching AGOT in late 2011, only made it half way through to be honest because i was missing episode 7. I picked it back up again in early 2012 before season 2 came out. After watching Baelor my opinion of the show went sky high i was like WTF how did the main character die??? After i finished season 2 i decided to read the books (all of the them) and finished in around December 2012. So i would have been 17 when i started the books. I have to say as well that i was so pumped for season 3 GOT this year however, i have been relatively disappointed so far. Its the first of the seasons that i have read the book before the show and i would have to say that my view on the show has fallen a little. The books are just so much better and im not a big book reader at all

Archived