Dany's "Godfather" Moment

LOL! Me too!

I also really do like Who's Got Mail? LOL Maybe we can work up some sort of Pride and Prejudice inference.

Hahaha If any of the writers are Austen fans, Pride and Prejudice would fit Tyrion like a glove:

Tyrion: It is a truth universally acknowledged that a Lannister always pays his debts.

Tyrion: My courage always rises with every attempt to intimidate me.

Tyrion; It's been many years since I've had such an exemplary vegetable. (Tyrion at Illyrio's table in season 5)

well it explains why he cant have his relationship out in the open. shae is too proud and tyrion is too prejudiced. or was it shae was too prejudiced and mr lannister was too proud? i can never remember.

and of course, the antagonism between melisandre and davos is revealed: she could never be with anyone who owned a boat

and why littlefinger is helping sansa: its because her mother was so enchanting

but what i don't get, is how cat can forgive ned for fathering a bastard, but can't forgive jaime for the tiny little thing of throwing her son out a window

I would say it was meant to look like that. On Comcast the shows description is

S3 | Ep3

Walk of Punishment

Airdate: 04/14/13

Daenerys meets with Kraznys to make a deal for an army, and tempts the slaver with an offer he may not be able to refuse. Meanwhile, Tyrion is given new responsibilities to which he is decidedly unsuited; the Night's Watch Rangers retreat...

Parental Guide »

well it explains why he cant have his relationship out in the open. shae is too proud and tyrion is too prejudiced. or was it shae was too prejudiced and mr lannister was too proud? i can never remember.

and of course, the antagonism between melisandre and davos is revealed: she could never be with anyone who owned a boat

and why littlefinger is helping sansa: its because her mother was so enchanting

but what i don't get, is how cat can forgive ned for fathering a bastard, but can't forgive jaime for the tiny little thing of throwing her son out a window

This is when we need Like! Thread win of the day!!!

I didn't catch Godfather since so many other stories and films have done scenes where the minions undermine the leader in front of others. Saw it merely as the two men knowing what's best for their girl, and she bristles at the idea that she needs teaching right in front of the slavers she needs to deal with. While it's crazy to give away dragons, it was bad form to question her. If you notice, she patiently learns from all sorts when it's private.

I personally never liked Dany's arc where she constantly whines about fire and blood while being poor; just feels like screeching. And it always felt cheesy that Martin pulled a silly trick to get Dany to rob Astapor of its Unsullied. They might as well have Dany play freeze tag and claim "no backsies, nuh uh, that's lava you can't cross." Don't forget the monumental stupidity of having a slave warrior training facility with no basic provision in the contract concerning rebellion. You can buy our slaves, but you agree they can never be used to undermine Astapor's interests, and they're sworn never to invade Astapor itself. Simple.

I agree with the sentiment that Emilia is doing a good job, she's being given bad material, be it from the books or the script. There's a reason Essos is the least loved when it comes to criticism of ASOIAF.

I personally never liked Dany's arc where she constantly whines about fire and blood while being poor; just feels like screeching. And it always felt cheesy that Martin pulled a silly trick to get Dany to rob Astapor of its Unsullied. They might as well have Dany play freeze tag and claim "no backsies, nuh uh, that's lava you can't cross."

I disagree on the interpretation. I always saw this as one of Dany's big Machievellian/ruthless moments. She decides it is worth killing this jerk Kraznys, even though he technically did no wrong, because that would allow her to get her Unsullied and keep her dragons. I sorta liked how that made her change her outlook. She started down the path to ruthlessness, basically. This is in some ways why her lolling about in ADWD was so frustrating to me. She just backtracked and became all indecisive again after this badass moment.

Archived