Varys' blood sacrifice?

King of Winters

Varys and Illyrio are two of my favorite character... Their motives and goals are some of the biggest mysteries in the series and we are learning more and more that they are influencing things behind the scenes... And while at first they seem like they might actually be out for the greater good, rereads have convinced me otherwise... If for no other reason than ripping out the tounges of children so they can serve as spies is something I just can't explain a good guy doing...

I have a lot of crackpot theories about them, someone above mentioned the idea that they may have been (or still are) faceless men... Love that one...

Also, I always wondered if there is any reason to think Varys isn't just a woman in disguise? I don't know, let's call her Serra... Let's call her "manhood" a son, and the blue flame a Griff...

• 3 weeks later...

I don't mind the track the OP is on...in fact I might like to take it further and suggest that maybe Varys blood was being used to hatch a dragon egg.  He, like Dany, would forego his fertility to hatch the beast.  

This assumes he is a Blackfyre/Brightflame (king's blood) and that this is the type of blood magic Valyrians might have used to hatch dragons in the first place (what were they doing at Summerhall, again?).  Hugely speculative, but something to think about for sure.  

silly question: do we even know for sure that varys is a eunuch?..as far as i can tell we have only his word for it..a little magic or perhaps some mummers tricks might suffice to create the illusion..its not like he needs to constantly convince everybody..his identity as a eunnuch is perhaps yet another disguise..

Archived