Brotherhood without Banners: Schism

Brienne told Jamie she was leading him to fight the Hound if I recall correctly.

Brienne is doing one of two things. She is leading Jamie to fight Lem Lemoncloak, who has the hounds helm, and is in the region. Or Brienne is leading Jamie into a trap, of which Lem may be present.

I have a feeling its a trap, but Lem will be present so Jamie will not realise its a trap until its too late. Jamie will demand a trial by combat, Brienne will be his opponent. Brienne will allow Jamie to win, Jamie kills Brienne and Uncat decides she wants vengence anyway.

I think it is here that the schism will happen. We know Thoros of Myr and his supporters will stick to Justice, as he claims thats what they were about when Beric led them. And try to keep Jamie alive. I feel Stoneheart will definatly lead her supporters in a further downward spiral trying to kill Jamie and more freys.

Either Jaime and/or Brienne + Stoneheart will have to be at the Red Wedding revenge.

Otherwise we have no POV to see it. Stoneheart has been foreshadowed to roast Walder on a spit, she has to be there.

All IMO, of course.

I would ideally want a situation where all three survive and swear to take vengeance on the Frey's/whatever. But Jaime doesn't care about that, so my next situation is Jaime dying so that Brienne can live. After that maybe Brienne dies while Jaime survives. Stoneheart has to live because who else will lead the BwB? No one else really cares that much about 'getting' the Freys as much as she does.

Stoneheart has to live because who else will lead the BwB?

Who better to lead the 'Kings Men' than the son of the King?

The BwB plot is shaping up to be pretty awesome. I think we'll get:

Some Frey/Lannister revenge from Stoneheart

A civil war in the BwB - Thoros vs Stoneheart/Lem

Gendry's reveal and subsequent leadership of the BwB

Brienne having a 'kingslayer' moment - having to break a vow for the greater good (and i don't believe she'll meekly hand Jaime over - she must have a plan)

A religious war between the holy 100 in Harrenhal and the Rh'llor following BwB

Thoros of Myr dosent like Lady Stoneheart, he views her as against R'hllor - he refused to ressurect Caitlyn, Beric did it himself. Thoros wishes Beric didnt ressurect her so he would still be around to lead them, as Stoneheart is making decisions he dosent agree with, on this note the Brotherhood all respect Thoros, they see him as a religious leader, and respect him after he resurrected Beric a few times, We are told this by Lem Lemoncloak, who has turned slightly rabid, he took the Hounds Helm and is engaging in god knows what with it while remaining blameless. I can see Thoros leading it, or wanting to lead it. Maybe Stoneheart kills him for it.

I can see the irony in that after all the ressurections he has pulled off, he wont be able to ressurect himself, after he is inadvertently killed by a Resurrection enabled by him.

"your an abomination in the name of something beginning with R" I dont know if Stoneheart can even speak, but I assume that is the way the conversation will begin, and probably end. Maybe a nice bit of backchat about old Beric, not sure - but lots of firey sword swining justice bringing red priest stuff is certain to follow.

.......okay, puts on prophecy panties.........

They'll spar.

They'll refuse to kill each other. This becomes apparent when the battle starts to openly suck.

Cateyln grows tired of the farce and orders them both killed.

Thoros visibly refuses to comply.

The remaining BWB slowly but surely..... don't budge.

I thought you were going with "They'll both say they are going to eat the poison berries, and then Stoneheart changes the rules last minute and they both live." :laugh: Idk why I thought of that. I never read the books or movie.

They defended the Hound after his trial by battle and his right to life because the Lord of Light judged him just and innocent. If Jamie wins his trial by battle which he will choose, Thoros will do the same and defend his right to life. Just like Clegane.

They defended the Hound after his trial by battle and his right to life because the Lord of Light judged him just and innocent. If Jamie wins his trial by battle which he will choose, Thoros will do the same and defend his right to life. Just like Clegane.

Trial by combat is a mockery of justice and Cat won't allow it.

I think that Brienne will tell Jaime what's really happening before they get to the BwB so they can come up with a plan. Jaime will tell Stoneheart that he's changed and kept his word and didn't attack the Tully's again. She'll still want him killed but someone, maybe Thoros, will persuade her to let him live. She'll then give Jaime a chance to live if he helps them out in the RW 2, between Devan Lannister and a Frey, which he will and help them take revenge.

I always wondered why the Brotherhood decided to follow UnCat's leadership after Beric's death. They have always seemed to be fighting for justice and generally, it seems that, as the saying goes, their heart is in the right place, even if their actions were sometimes questionable. Then, suddenly they're following UnCat's orders and going around hanging people on a whim, without a trial and without giving them a chance to defend themselves. Random Freys of all ages and remote or no involvement in the RW are being hanged, Pod ( a little boy) gets hanged for the "crime" of being Tyrion's squire. When will the madness stop?

Archived