AFfC chapter style names for AGoT, ACoK and ASoS

Many have criticized the way the names of chapters in AFfC and ADwD don't always follow the name of the POV character. Instead of Sansa, there's Alayne, instead of Theon there's The Prince of Winterfell or Reek.

I think that it can be quite revealing when it gives a little extra information, not just about the actions in the plot of that chapter, but the mindset of the POV character in that moment. Perhaps not all chapter names achieve that, and thus they receive the normal name for that chapter (i.e. Tyrion III). And maybe some chapters that have unique names, don't necessarily require them. I think there's plenty of room for debate on this subject

However what I intend to debate is the following:

I propose is to look back on the first three novels and find certain chapters that could benefit from changing the title like what is done in AFfC.

I think the HBO series has done this very job for some of the episodes:

Game of Thrones: S01E03 - Lord Snow corresponds with several Jon chapters of AGoT and reflects the status that Jon is in at that moment.

Game of Thrones: S02E05 - The Ghost of Harrenhal corresponds with several Arya chapters of ACoK and is a name that she gives herself in those chapters.

Game of Thrones: S02E07 - A Man Without Honor corresponds with several Catelyn chapters of ACoK - Although the name corresponds more to Jaime and could be used for some of the early Jaime chapters of ASoS

Game of Thrones: S02E08 - The Prince of Winterfell corresponds with several Bran/Theon chapters and is used as a chapter name in ADwD but would also be good as a contrast name for a Bran chapter in ACoK

The titles from season 3 Game of Thrones: The Bear and the Maiden Fair, Second Sons, and Mhysa could all be potentially good names for the chapters they correspond to in ASoS. Although I shouldn't pass judgement, until they come out.

What can you come up with for alternate chapter titles in AGoT, ACoK and ASoS?

"The Beggar Princess" and "The Khaleessi" for Dany in AGoT.

"The Mother of Dragons" in ACoK

"Mhysa" in ASoS

When Cat goes to Renly in ACoK, she could have been "The Envoy".

Bran : the Dreamer, the Broken Boy, the Lost Wolf, the Prince of the Green, the Greenseer

Davos: the Onion Knight, the Smuggler, the Onion Reborn (ASOS), the Hand without fingers

Jon : Lord Snow (AGOT and ADWD), the Ranger (ACOK), the Deserter, the Oathbreaker, the Watcher on the Wall (ASOS), the Sword in the Night (future books...)

Jaime : a Man without Honor, the Crippled, the Knight of the Kingsguard, the Unforgiven

Brienne: the Forbiden Knight, the Iron Lady

Tyrion: The Giant of Lannister, Halfman (Blackwater), the Hand of the King, the Convicted (ASOS), the Mummer, the Drunken Dwarf

Sansa: the Little Bird, the Sad Bride, the Runaway

Cersei: the Regent, the Lioness, the Schemer, the Sinner, the Naked Walker

Daenerys: the Horselord's Bride, the Kahleesi, the Widow, the Mother of Dragons, the Breaker of Chains, the Dragonrider, the Lost Princess

Many have criticized the way the names of chapters in AFfC and ADwD don't always follow the name of the POV character. Instead of Sansa, there's Alayne, instead of Theon there's The Prince of Winterfell or Reek.

What? Why? It only adds information.

Bran: The Climber, The Broken Boy, The Green Dreamer, The Warg's Apprentice

Jon Snow: The Bastard of Winterfell, The Watch's Turncloak, Lord Snow

Arya: The Horse Faced Girl, The Water Dancer, Arry The Boy, The Weasel, The Wolf Girl

Sansa: Pretty Little Rich Girl, The Crushed Girl, Baelish's Bastard

Daenarys: The Princess In Hiding, The Khaleesi, Mother of Dragons, Queen of Slaver's Bay

Davos: The Onion Night, Hand of the Shadowless King, The Smuggler Reborn

Robb: Heir of the North, King in the North, The King Who Lost the North,

The Headless Wolfman

Tyrion: Little Big Man, The Baby Lion, The Locked Lordling, The Litttlest Hand, Prince of the Coin, Westeros' Fugitive, The Jouster, The Littlest Game Player

Theon: The Kraken's Son, Prince of Winterfell, The Flayed Captive,

Catelyn Tully: The Trout's Daughter, Lady of Winterfell, Mother of the King,

The Hangwoman

Samwell Tarly: Father's Least Favourite, The Craven, Black Sam, Sam The Slayer, The Black Brother of Braavos, The Maester's Apprentice.

Queen Cersei: The Almighty Queen, Queen Regent, Queen in Charge, A Queen in Chains, A Queen under Questioning

Ser Jaime Lannister: The Golden Knight, The Handless Knight, Ser Goldhand,

Lady Brienne: The Giant of Tarth, The Warrior of Tarth, The Trapped Sapphire

Archived