Rereading AGoT thru ADWD, and I'm starting to think that Dany shouldn't go to Westeros...

D'oh, I forgot to consider that possibility. Certainly wouldn't fault her going to visit him just out of excitement that another Targaryen is or might be alive. Though I tend to think she'll be highly dubious of him based on the mummer's dragon prophecy and her distrust of Illyrio.

oh thats a given the paranoia creeping up back, but i hope barristan survives to make it back with her to try and piece together how varys pulled it off in saving aegon.

Every character has an intimate wish. Dany's is home. She longs for home, but he closest thing she has is a red door.

She's been told that Westeros is her home, bur she actualy doesn't know. She was born in dragonstone and was taken from there as a baby. She desn't even know how Westeros looks like.

My guess is that she'll eventualy get there and then she'll stop to live her seniors' life, and start fully her own. She'll arrive in Westeros and it won't feel home. I only can see her in Essos, freeing slaves, or riding the Dothraky Sea.

Eta: rather the second, she doesn't really like to be a queen, will she be a good khalessy?

It seems to me that the reputation of her House has been a bit of a problem in terms of her learning to rule. She has every good intention in SoS and ADwD about trying to remove slavery, but she lacks the knowlege and skills on how to do so properly. Which is fair enough as she is still young.

Barristan and Jorah both seem hesitant to correct her as she is their Queen. And she sees herself as a Targaryen and therefore destined to rule, and makes her more likely to ignore alterations to her plan.

However, I feel that in time she could grow as a leader. She's certainly become a fantastic figurehead and inspires great loyalty in her subjects.

I think that Dany will return to Westeros in ADoS, not WoW. But I could be wrong, the timeline seems wrong to return her at this early stage. It would be awesome to have Dany explore Asshai and the Valyria before coming back too. I'd really like to see both of those places, and both may hold some secrets about Dragon lore.

Archived