Would Jaime... [A bit of spoiler]

krzeniux27

Some chapter in ASOS where Jaime is reminiscing about the time where Joffrey was born. Cersei forbade hime to held Joffrey and even told him: "Bad enough Joff looks like you without you mooning over him" (or something like that). After that he never held any of his children.

And another chapter where he asks Cersei to marry him and said something about making another son replacing Joffrey and this time he would held him.

So what do you people think? Would Jaime held any of his children (with Cersei) if Cersei had not forbid him?

Yes. Jaime wanted (naively) to create an actual happy family with Cersei. Several time she mentions how he was ashamed of hiding their love, and wanted to marry her and raise their children as Lannisters.

I actually think that Jaime would have made a good father. Not a Ned Stark kind of father, but a good father nonetheless.

Joffery wouldn't have been crazy either. when jamie returns to kings landing he says to the LC of the kingsguard that hes not only to keep the king safe, but to keep the king safe from himself(i.e., the treatment of sansa and his frequent violent outburts)

• 3 weeks later...

Joffery wouldn't have been crazy either. when jamie returns to kings landing he says to the LC of the kingsguard that hes not only to keep the king safe, but to keep the king safe from himself(i.e., the treatment of sansa and his frequent violent outburts)

That's true too.

He'll be a better parent than Cersei, methinks. AFFC spoiler:

In Cersei chapter 5, Tommen wants to say something to mommy but Cersei gives him the dangerously soft voice that made him a little scared. Jaime steps in and speaks in behalf of Tommen. That gives confidence to the little fella so he insists as the king that he will joust and Loras be the one to teach him. Cersei is annoyed of course, but Jaime is just there laughing.

So what do you people think? Would Jaime held any of his children (with Cersei) if Cersei had not forbid him?

I think Cersei never saw their children as his as much as absolutely hers, that made Jaime the most loving uncle rather than a distant father. But the fact remains he never saw Cersei's children as his either.

The best proof of that is the lack of gut-wrenching pain when Joffrey died: Jaime knows something is wrong because Karstark felt different when his sons were killed.

Archived