Bran's Vision

mindchap

He looked south, and saw the great blue-green rush of the Trident. He saw his father pleading with the king, his face etched with grief. He saw Sansa crying herself to sleep at night, and he saw Arya watching in silence and holding her secrets hard in her heart. There were shadows all around them. One shadow was dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them both loomed a giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood.

Who is the Giant wearing armor of stone? On my first reread I thought this was kind of a prediction about Arya ending up in Bravos, but after rereading her chapters I realized that the Titan doesn't wear stone armor it is actually wearing armor made of Bronze. The Hound and Jamie are the first two but is the third The Mountain? And if it is him, why does Bran see him with Ned and the Girls?

Its Robert Strong IMO - the stone is a link to 'mountain'.

I wouldnt directly link seeing Sansa and Arya as 'being with' the mountain, its just a vague mish mash of images Bran is presented with IMO.

Its Robert Strong IMO - the stone is a link to 'mountain'.

I wouldnt directly link seeing Sansa and Arya as 'being with' the mountain, its just a vague mish mash of images Bran is presented with IMO.

But if you think about it, it's not all that vague. Bran is seeing what's going on just before Lady dies. Ned pleading with the king, Jamie and the Hound rode with them from Winterfell, the Mountain seems to be the only thing out of place.

But if you think about it, it's not all that vague. Bran is seeing what's going on just before Lady dies. Ned pleading with the king, Jamie and the Hound rode with them from Winterfell, the Mountain seems to be the only thing out of place.

Well the vision skips from (who i think is) Oberyn (armoured like the sun) - which you say is Jaime, to Sandhor, to Robert Strong. I just take this as a 'stream of consciousness' vision. Remember the vision in it's entirety also sees other unconnected people, i think it goes from Bob Strong to Jon in an ice cell.

I think it's Ser Robert Strong as there is the theory that it's Gregor's body but with no head.

Well the vision skips from (who i think is) Oberyn (armoured like the sun) - which you say is Jaime, to Sandhor, to Robert Strong. I just take this as a 'stream of consciousness' vision. Remember the vision in it's entirety also sees other unconnected people, i think it goes from Bob Strong to Jon in an ice cell.

Yes but the part just before, he sees Cat sitting at a table inside a boat while Ser Rodrick is hurling over the railing, and if you read the Cat chapter just after that it shows that is exactly how it happens, all the way down to the storm that Bran sees in the distance which they do not see. In the Cat chapter she mentions the storm that caught them off guard during their trip.

Yes but the part just before, he sees Cat sitting at a table inside a boat while Ser Rodrick is hurling over the railing, and if you read the Cat chapter just after that it shows that is exactly how it happens, all the way down to the storm that Bran sees in the distance which they do not see. In the Cat chapter she mentions the storm that caught them off guard during their trip.

Oh i totally agree there's truth in these visions, i just said i don't think it's necessarily so that Rob Strong is 'with' the girls.

The 'loomed over them both' links Rob Strong to Oberyn/Jaime and Sandhor, but the parts with Sansa an Arya are unconnected in my interpretation.

Oh i totally agree there's truth in these visions, i just said i don't think it's necessarily so that Rob Strong is 'with' the girls.

The 'loomed over them both' links Rob Strong to Oberyn/Jaime and Sandhor, but the parts with Sansa an Arya are unconnected in my interpretation.

Okay I see what your saying. And the reason I think it's Jamie is because in another of Bran's dreams when he remembers his fall he describes Jamie the same way.

Okay I see what your saying. And the reason I think it's Jamie is because in another of Bran's dreams when he remembers his fall he describes Jamie the same way.

You could definitely be right about Jaime, i'm still a little on the fence.

Bloodraven can't see everywhere. He's not omnipotent.

I believe he can see far more than you might think.

The singers carved eyes into their heart trees to awaken them, and those are the first eyes a new greenseer learns to use …

but in time you will see well beyond the trees themselves.”

I think he uses birds, Varys uses his "little birds" as spies, what if Bloodraven can use actual birds?

Bloodraven can't see everywhere. He's not omnipotent.

i wonder actually....

he tells bran with time he can see beyond the trees.

i think BR can even warg dead things. particularly, the dragon skulls in Red Keep.

edit: mindchap qouted the passage right above my post. i think BR has a huge range of knowledge. even in essos and beyond

I was thinking about it a few days ago and I have no conclusions, why that would be Robert Strong? We know the conections between The Hound and Sansa and Arya, and Jaime with Ned but what does Robert Strong has to do with them? I think it has another meaning but I can't figure out what right now

"He saw his father pleading with the king, his face etched with grief. He saw Sansa crying herself to sleep at night, and he saw Arya watching in silence and holding her secrets hard in her heart."

Could this be Neds beheading? Aryas only secret when Lady dies is that Nymerria ran away. By the time of Neds beheading, she has certainly a few more secrets to hold.

"There were shadows all around them. One shadow was dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them both loomed a giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood."

Maybe Sandor, Jamie and Bran (warging the giant) protecting Arya/Sansa at some point in the future?

I believe this vision is about events that were currently happening, like Cat heading to a storm.

The shadows, Arya and Sansa are in KL. Remember Bran is seeing from above. This means the giant armored in stone is in KL with the girls.

It has been said on the Foreshadowing threads I believe, that the giant represents Littlefinger, whose house sigil is in fact the Titan of Braavos. He looms above them because Ned and the girls are pieces in his game, will suffer the effects of his plots.

The darkness can be interpreted as the Stark's ignorance towards Littlefinger's plots. The thick black blood can mean bad blood, bad blood bteween the Starks and Littlefinger, like his duel with Brandon, and Ned marrying the woman he loved.

It might mean just martial prowess. If Oberyn/Jaime and The Hound are at the same level then surely Robert Strong looms over both of them. We know Jaime/Oberyn and The Hound are all accomplished warriors. It might mean that Robert Strong (since he's believed to be undead and very strong) might actually be invincible. It could mean only magic could kill him. Since it's Bran dreaming the dream, it could mean that Bran will have to deal with him in some way.

We should all watch out for Robert Strong, he may be the most dangerous creature out there that has ever lived, maybe even trumping Others and Dragons.

It might mean just martial prowess. If Oberyn/Jaime and The Hound are at the same level then surely Robert Strong looms over both of them. We know Jaime/Oberyn and The Hound are all accomplished warriors. It might mean that Robert Strong (since he's believed to be undead and very strong) might actually be invincible. It could mean only magic could kill him. Since it's Bran dreaming the dream, it could mean that Bran will have to deal with him in some way.

We should all watch out for Robert Strong, he may be the most dangerous creature out there that has ever lived, maybe even trumping Others and Dragons.

But why would Bran see something like that related to his sisters?

But why would Bran see something like that related to his sisters?

That's what I keep trying to figure out, the only thing I can come up with is symbolic and it's way out there but I'll share with you all anyway. Think about where they are, if this is like I think, and around the time of Lady's death perhaps it could represent Harrenhal. I mean if you think about it that's where everything started, Rhaegar crowning Lyanna, and ended, Robert killing Rhaegar on the Trident. I know it's a long shot so feel free to pick it apart. Even if the Titan is LF's sigil, the Titan isn't armored in stone, he's armored in bronze.

Archived