taena merryweather

space

The producers don't seem to be keen on introducing many new characters that far into the series. So I'm sure that many of the minor-ish roles in AFFC/ADWD are going to be cut. What is Taena's role besides being Cersei's confidant? I'm not sure if she is really needed as an informant about Margaery. The writers can work around that.

The political plot of AFFC needs to be trimmed anyway in order to fit in S5. The important bits are that Cersei restores the Faith Militant and that she gets Margaery accused of adultery. How she gets there is not so important; the writers have some freedom to tell that part of the story. And I'm sure they will change some stuff, because Cersei's story is rather difficult to streamline.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

An old topic I know, but I have an excuse as someone who just recently joined the forum. Kemp Muhl has the perfect look for her although I'm not sure if she's ever done any acting.

Really hoping they don't cut the character, or merge her with Ellaria Sand (which doesn't make much sense to me, I'd figure they merge her and the Sand Snakes). Cersei will need someone to talk to next season and share her scheming with considering they can't do the inner monologue stuff on a TV show.

I think Janina Gavankar will play Arianne Martell. I think that Taena may be cut as she isn't really important, and if she isn't, then the scene where she and Cersei fool around will be deleted as it's too dirty for TV, and also they cut Daenerys' masturbation scene with her handmaiden. Hmm, very curious now.

Archived