So freaking crackpot, yet sorta cool I think

AegonTargaryen

Okay this is really crackpot and I certainly don't think this will happen, but I thought it would be pretty epic if it did. Here goes...

In the WoW as Jon is passing out from his wounds, his last vision is of three mysterious men striking down his attackers before they have a chance to kill him.

When Jon awakes, wounded, he sees the three strange men standing before him. He sits up and asks them who they are.

The first man takes out his sword, takes a knee, and says "I am Ser Gerold Hightower, lord commander of the kingsguard for your grandfather, king Aerys Targaryen"

Second man does the same, "your grace, I am Ser Oswell Whent, member of the kingsguard"

Finally the third man takes out his sword, bends the knee and says "your grace, I am Ser Arthur Dayne, loyal servant to your grandfather king Aerys Targaryen and to your father, prince Rhaegar."

Gerold then explains that Ned and the kingsguard didn't fight at the tower of joy, but they agreed to give the boy to Ned to raise, and to fulfil their vows they would fake their deaths and stalk the boy should he get into serious trouble.

Gerold then crowns Jon.

I know, this is maddddd crackpot, but I think it would make for such a freaking epic moment. Also think it would be a cool way for the big reveal. If bran or howland tells ppl that Jon is rhaegar's everyone is sorta like "meh, you're crazy." If Gerold Hightower crowns Jon though, people would have to take that shit seriously.

Ok, have to admit that this would be a cheesy moment, but hey, I'm a Jon fan so....How about change the names.

Jon wakes up to see Howland Reed, Mormount, and the Blackfish standing over him. He finds out 1. he is R+L=J, 2. he finds out Robb legitimized him and named him his heir.

Jon wakes up to see Howland Reed, Mormount, and the Blackfish standing over him. He finds out 1. he is R+L=J, 2. he finds out Robb legitimized him and named him his heir.

Ser Robin Ryger and Desmond Grell could very well be there when he wakes up and be the ones to give him the news (about Robb naming him heir, not R+J).

What if Dolorous Edd is really Arthur Dayne, who took the black (and the name Edd) to stay close to the Starks the secret Targaryen heir?

But yea, that's pretty crackpot. It would be more likely that Jon sees that vision, but it turns out it was Tormund and two others defending him instead of the actual dead KG.

Okay this is really crackpot and I certainly don't think this will happen, but I thought it would be pretty epic if it did. Here goes...

In the WoW as Jon is passing out from his wounds, his last vision is of three mysterious men striking down his attackers before they have a chance to kill him.

When Jon awakes, wounded, he sees the three strange men standing before him. He sits up and asks them who they are.

The first man takes out his sword, takes a knee, and says "I am Ser Gerold Hightower, lord commander of the kingsguard for your grandfather, king Aerys Targaryen"

Second man does the same, "your grace, I am Ser Oswell Whent, member of the kingsguard"

Finally the third man takes out his sword, bends the knee and says "your grace, I am Ser Arthur Dayne, loyal servant to your grandfather king Aerys Targaryen and to your father, prince Rhaegar."

Gerold then explains that Ned and the kingsguard didn't fight at the tower of joy, but they agreed to give the boy to Ned to raise, and to fulfil their vows they would fake their deaths and stalk the boy should he get into serious trouble.

Gerold then crowns Jon.

At which point the hot delivery boy comes in, feverishly takes off his clothes and gently strokes Jon's milky white breast, only to reveal that he's actually Jon's long lost brother, who's been practicing medicine under the alias Dr. Tad Winslow.

There are a number of reasons why this doesn't work. My issue with this is less that it involves crackpots (that Dayne, Whent and Hightower are alive), but that it would turn the R+L reveal into something out of a Soap Opera coma dream/ "guess what, I'm not really dead!" shark-jump form of writing that is definitely not Martin's style. There's a number of other loose ends that can lead to the R+L reveal. I think what's being proposed is more akin to what you'd see on "As the World Turns" or the like.

Gerold then crowns Jon.

I know, this is maddddd crackpot, but I think it would make for such a freaking epic moment. Also think it would be a cool way for the big reveal. If bran or howland tells ppl that Jon is rhaegar's everyone is sorta like "meh, you're crazy." If Gerold Hightower crowns Jon though, people would have to take that shit seriously.

This is fanfic

Ser Robin Ryger and Desmond Grell could very well be there when he wakes up and be the ones to give him the news (about Robb naming him heir, not R+J).

They were in RR, but Robb was at Old Stones when he came up with the idea that Jon should be his heir unfortunately. Also everyone from RR is going to hate Jon as he is an insult to Cat, the Black Fish certainly doesn't like him.

But then the camera pulls back, and it's revealed everything in SoIaF has been happening in the mind of a small child who has been staring into a snow globe.

The boy, disgusted with his own plot, then hurls the snow globe into an incinerator.

His is the song of ice and fire.

Certainly crackpot. The 3 KG faking their deaths could have happened because despite them being "honorable" EVERYONE can agree their one binding vow to protect the King and his family first and foremost would have them forsake their pride and fake their deaths to await the Return of the King...oh wait I meant the....sigh never mind.

Archived