Finding Dunk & Egg

Night'sQueen

It seems some people are having trouble finding the D&E stories or are under the impression they have to buy the expensive graphic novel versions. I posted this a few minutes ago in another thread where someone had commented on the high price of The Hedge Knight and thought it might be useful info deserving of its own thread. If anyone else has other sources, feel free to add. Also, there is always the library!

The graphic novels are expensive, but you can get the novellas rather cheaply on Amazon. They are each included in other story collections:

1. The Hedge Knight is in Dreamsongs Vol. II (a collection of GRRM stories)
  2. The Sworn Sword is in Legends II, New Short Novels by the Masters of Modern Fantasy
  3. The Mystery Knight is Warriors (a collection of stories by many authors edited by GRRM & Gardner Dozois)

Amazon sells Dreamsongs I & II as a bundle for $20, Warriors is $9 and Legends II is $8. (Kindle prices, I don't know if paperbacks have different prices.)

Dreamsongs Vol. I is also really good. It doesn't have any of the D&E stories but it does include The Ice Dragon.

ETA: This is NOT meant to be a thread about how to steal the stories and break copyright laws. If you want to share that kind of information kindly start your own illegal thread.

Archived