Jon will never be King of anything

The Black Hawk

Wearing a crown can make a difference - not every king is the puppet of someone else. Aegon the Conqueror was likely no man's puppet; the same can be said of Robb Stark and Stannis Baratheon as well.

Aegon never ruled though, he left that to his sisters. We don't know enough about his reign to jump to the conclusion that no one could ever manipulate him.

Robb Stark was very easily manipulated, Tywin did an exceptionally good job of that. He planned the whole Jeyne Westerling escapade and insured the Freys and Boltons would betray Robb.

Stannis is in a league of his own, you can't compare him to Jon

Honestly, this seems to be more a phenomenon of King's Landing - where numerous factions vye for power - than something that's intrinsic to having and holding power as a King.

:o oh so you mean Jon as KitN, well that's going to be difficult especially if Rickon and Sansa pop up

The North will rally around a Stark - especially one who wields the title of King of Winter - and they'll fight for him without reserve.

Errr… I don't think the North would declare Jon king if Cat's kids make an appearance. The Riverlands would take offence and I'm sure the Vale would want Robert's cousin on the throne.

He can be a leader who fights against the Others, but I can't see him becoming king of anything

Liking Sansa but not liking Jon Snow confuses me. I like the future potential for Sansa but I feel her arc has been to whiny so far, except when LF is talking :drool:

Different people have different tastes :dunno:

I don't understand why my cousin doesn't like Jon and she doesn't understand why I don't like Dany

Stannis is in a league of his own, you can't compare him to Jon

I think GRRM has created many parallels between Jon and Stannis.

-Refusal of compromises unless presented with sound evidence/reasoning

-Interpret things differently intelligently even if others disagree (Stannis and not allying with Robb as KitN, his iron sense of justice even in royal avisors, Jon feeling he kept his oath by breaking his vows and posing as wildling, realiziing NW vows include wildlings since they are alive)

-General mutual respect, and similar trains of thoughts in making important decisions.

Personally I think you underestimate Jon, but I agree that he is a long shot to sit the IT, I just would not be opposed to the idea if the GNC is planning on trying to instal him there.

Errr… I don't think the North would declare Jon king if Cat's kids make an appearance. The Riverlands would take offence and I'm sure the Vale would want Robert's cousin on the throne.

I don't think the Riverlords would take offense they were fiercely loyal to Robb and will want honor his will, especially if they do not know about Rickon. Sansa was known to be alive (which is not true as of now) when Robb wrote his will and Robb still skipped her. Harry the Heir will also never be KitN f that's what your implying. The Vale lords might feel bad for not joining the Wot5K and be loyal enough to place ANY Stark back in Winterfell, especially if Sansa or LF endorse it/pull the strings to make it happen.

Archived