If Jon wakes up...

Who will be the commander of the NW. What will have happened to Tormund and Val and the others? Will they try to kill him again?

I think the there will be a battle/lots of killing at the Wall after Jon's stabbing between the Wildlings and the NW. After that, my guess is that the NW will be almost, if not completely destroyed. I can see Tormund surviving (I'm just praying he does), and Val as well.

I think (hope) what happened to Jon is what will allow the Others to pass/break the wall. It will at least bring chaos in the watch, like a civil war. Melisandre would have protected Jon I think, so I doubt his brother would try to kill him again. Given the time it takes to elect a new commander, I don't think it will happen so fast, plus if Jon wakes up (unless he's undead) he would still legally be the Night's Watch commander.

I think (hope) what happened to Jon is what will allow the Others to pass/break the wall. It will at least bring chaos in the watch, like a civil war. Melisandre would have protected Jon I think, so I doubt his brother would try to kill him again. Given the time it takes to elect a new commander, I don't think it will happen so fast, plus if Jon wakes up (unless he's undead) he would still legally be the Night's Watch commander.

If they have the right to vote for the new commander i think that they could impeach a commander

Lord Commander Tormund Giantsbane! In all seriousness though, there will be chaos at the Wall, Jon maybe dead, Wun Wun ripping Selyse's Knights apart, the wildlings will probably go nuts after hearing about Jon. There might not be any black brothers left to elect as LC, at Castle Black anyway...

Lord Commander Tormund Giantsbane! In all seriousness though, there will be chaos at the Wall, Jon maybe dead, Wun Wun ripping Selyse's Knights apart, the wildlings will probably go nuts after hearing about Jon. There might not be any black brothers left to elect as LC, at Castle Black anyway...

Yup. :agree:

I have a feeling it might be Bowen Marsh being LC with Selyse's support and saying that it was the wildlings who killed Jon and the queen's men present.

Under the sea the crows are white as snow.

The light of the half-moon turned Val's honey-blond hair a pale silver and left her cheeks as white as snow.

Jon did not intend to be remembered as Sleepy Jon Snow.

A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness.

This is a reference to "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" as the dwarfs thought she was dead when she was in a coma, and she was kept in a glass coffin (Jon sees ice scarping off the Wall and thinks of glass gardens). The story of the prince kissing the princess who then awakes is "Sleeping Beauty", also known as "The Little Briar Rose" with Jon being the blue rose given R+L and Dany's vision at the HotU. I know BR and Bran will help Jon, and when that happens Jon will wake up the moment Val, called the "wildling princess," kisses him.

But.... Will the wildlings actually care about Jon? Yeah he let them hrough the wall but I still don't think they really love him, yes, he makes a speech and they all cheer but will they really be loyal to him? These are wildlings after all, I see no reason why they would accept Jon as their leader with him being LC of the NW's. Yeah, Tormund is awesome and is obviously fond of Jon, but again, he seem very selfish when it comes to the crunch and his relationship with Jon is a very strange one. Could go either way really, but are we being optimistic by assuming the wildlings will avenge Jon, this is asoiaf after all, next to no loyalty to be found

Chaos!! That pretty much is the best word for it. Wun Wun will be killing Southern Knights. Edd and members loyal to Jon, will turn on their own brothers. Tormund and crew, will be going bat shit and will try and drink the blood from Bowen's skull. Ghost breaks out, heads to Jon trys to kill anyone else who comes near. Stannis's crazy wife, will be chanting bullshit. Mel, will be talking about how she "could" have prevented all this. Pathface and the Princess will be singing creepy songs. Jon goes to "sleep" for a little while. Wildlings assume control of the Wall and Castle Black. Mel trys to see Jon, while he is out cold; Val, slaps the shit out of her. Ghost, disappears for a bit.....fast forward a few chapters. Ghost comes back from his walk about. Asha or Theon Greyjoy is executed, by Stannis. Bran and Bloodraven pulls some blood magic. Jon wakes up.

He's had a Caesar's fate. Why does anyone assume he's coming back in any form other than magic?

I agree he has a "Ceasar's fate". He has had his time as the "boy". But the boy has been killed and it is time for the man to be born. Jon's assassination (attempted or actual) will act as a catalyst. When he wakes, he (like Octavian Ceasar) will realize the old ways of doing things no longer work. He, like Octavian, will kill the old ways (in Octavian's case, the Republic) and establish the new ways (the Empire) while still giving lip service to the old. In the process earning the title Augustus.

So I see Jon as serving as a condensed version of both Julius and Octavian Ceasar, with the assassination serving as the transition point.

But.... Will the wildlings actually care about Jon? Yeah he let them hrough the wall but I still don't think they really love him, yes, he makes a speech and they all cheer but will they really be loyal to him? These are wildlings after all, I see no reason why they would accept Jon as their leader with him being LC of the NW's. Yeah, Tormund is awesome and is obviously fond of Jon, but again, he seem very selfish when it comes to the crunch and his relationship with Jon is a very strange one. Could go either way really, but are we being optimistic by assuming the wildlings will avenge Jon, this is asoiaf after all, next to no loyalty to be found

Yes, he was/is their only friend at the Wall...Without his support they must fight back. If Bowen Marsh, or a man of the "old order," does become LC, he will not tolerate the Wildling presence. If they don't fight for loyalty to Jon, they will fight for survival

With the wildlings it depends on who controls the 100 hostages Jon took. Perhaps Bowen was smart enough to make sure they were under his thumb as well. But probably not. There has to be an event that causes Jon to be released from his vows. Whether it's this or the Others. But I would be excited to see how the NW would react outside of Castle Black. Denys Mallister is a capable commander and maybe his rival Pyke as well. I'm curious to see what they'd do next if indeed Jon 'dies' or is unconscious long enough that civil war ensues.

With the wildlings it depends on who controls the 100 hostages Jon took. Perhaps Bowen was smart enough to make sure they were under his thumb as well. But probably not. There has to be an event that causes Jon to be released from his vows. Whether it's this or the Others. But I would be excited to see how the NW would react outside of Castle Black. Denys Mallister is a capable commander and maybe his rival Pyke as well. I'm curious to see what they'd do next if indeed Jon 'dies' or is unconscious long enough that civil war ensues.

Archived