Daynes of High Hermitage

Ok my theory is simply this, the Daynes of High Hermitage came about when Aegon IV (the unworthy) fathered a bastard to the Lady Dayne of time. On his Aegon's death bed his legitamized the son, and then because of potential inheritance issues for Starfall (as we know in Dorne a child can take it's Mother's name etc.) was given his own branch of house with lands etc. thus became the Daynes of High Hermitage.

Baelor I was the one who brokered the agreement of Daeron II (Aegon IV eldest son) to marry the Dornish Princess, so it's not unlikely at all the Aegon IV could have met the Lady Dayne, and as we know he shagged everything... This would also not disgrace Lady Dayne, unlike other Lady's in Westeros because the Dornish don't really care when it comes to sex.

Things to back my theory are:

- It would explain why Ser Gerold Dayne is 'the most dangerous man in Dorne', Doran being one of the only people who knows the truth of the family.

- He has the Targ look, similar to the Dayne look, but Starfall Daynes' are described with dark brown/blonde hair and bluey purple eyes, DarkStar on the other hand has the silvery hair and the black/purple eyes which is more Targaryen I believe.

- Would explain DarkStars crazyness and self-obsession, as we have seen it runs in Targ blood.

I know.... everyones a secret Targ.... but DarkStar really has the Targaryen look exact (except for his black streak)... Arianne also calls him beautiful and says their children would look like Dragonlords.

Just drop the 'M'.... Daynes of High Heritage =D

Ok, shoot me down!!!!

While this still falls into the realm of crackpot, it is by far not the worst Darkstar theory on here.

Very true. It is far fetched, and I am not entirely convinced, but it has its possibilites and I always thought that there was more to Darkstar than met the eye...

Very true. It is far fetched, and I am not entirely convinced, but it has its possibilites and I always thought that there was more to Darkstar than met the eye...

There's a theory about who Darkstar's real father is. You should check it out. It's about Oberyn being his father.

As to the OP, the theory's a little far fetched, but I like it.

We have heard about all of the other "great bastards", why wouldn't we have heard about this one? Also why wouldn't the nobles of Dorne know about the origins of this house?

There's a theory about who Darkstar's real father is. You should check it out. It's about Oberyn being his father.

Also check this theory out, it's really good.

We have heard about all of the other "great bastards", why wouldn't we have heard about this one? Also why wouldn't the nobles of Dorne know about the origins of this house?

Also check this theory out, it's really good.

"He was a decadent, corrupt ruler who indulged his passions and whims at every opportunity. Being attractive, he was popular with women both highborn and lowborn. He had as many as nine mistresses and many bastards. Supposedly, he had any woman he wanted whether they were married or not. People often joked that the Targaryen words might be "Fire and Blood" but Aegon IV's motto was "Wash her and bring her to my bed.""

With statements like that I doubt he only fathered 4 bastards...I don't why we wouldn't have heard of him, I guess the most obvious answer is it would give the game away...

Who says the nobles don't know, apart of my theory needs Doran to know as it's why he considers him so dangerous. Mayhaps the knowledge died with some people, this would have been over 100 years ago... I don't know, there are plenty of explanations of how it could have been covered up tbh, they could have just knighted the Bastard and honored him with lands, or so it would look from an outsiders view.

Archived