Why does Tyrion deserve Casterly Rock?

StarksOfWinterfell

Tyrion did neither House Lannister or the realm any favors by killing Tywin. Did Tywin do horrible things? Undeniably. However, his methods brought order to Westeros. He was responsible for the best parts of Aerys reign. Cersei is only the queen because Robert needed Tywin on his side. Tywin's death left the Lannister's fate in the incompetent hands of Cersei.

I have my doubts a Lannister will hold CR by the end of the story. Whether it's Baratheon, Stark, or Targaryen reclaiming the throne; the Lannisters created enemies of them all. I don't think Martin isn't going to let Tyrion off the hook of the kinslayer rule.

Large picture: nobody deserves to own entire castle.

Legitimacy: Killing your sire makes you lose your rights to his property, both in our world and certainly in Westeros, where, like in any patriarchal society it is one of the worst possible atrocities. (I have no problem with killing of Tywin, but Tyrion can no longer reference Westerosi law)

Fairness: Why not Cersei or her children? She's older than Tyrion, if we're talking fairness, it's not really fair to overlook daughter. She'd basically lost all power she had before and can certainly use the Rock. Or Myrcella.

For myself, I wouldn't want to get something over my older siblings. It just doesn't seem right. Like their lives would be better if I wasn't born.

Archived