These Books are Often Praised as Being Realistic

I forgot about Sam slayin the other. That was miraculous but the other to aren't . Because it was in Davos and Jaimes nature to do those things. And they had the skill to SMUGGLE Edric and FIGHT to save Brienne. So I wouldn't say they were that miraculous the odds weren't staked against them

Jaime, essentially unarmed, and with one hand... vs a fucking bear. Yeah, the odds definitely weren't stacked against him.

precise locations for all the caches

under stables and storehouses

Not sure how this is a precise location.

Also, you have no evidence that Jaime knew the locations of those caches from the map. You are responding to my claim that he may not have looked at the map.

He never told anybody about the Wildfire! And my 'entire' argument is that if Jaime had told people Aerys planned to burn the city with wildfire, he would have been vindicated the second some was found.

And you say that argument falls apart because...nobody believed Jaime about the wildfire he didn't ever mention?

The bolded bit: is that so? Unfortunately that isn't the sort of claim you can prove. Can you prove that he would have been vindicated with certainty? Do you have evidence for such a claim?

To prove something like that, you'd need statements of other characters saying things like "if I find wildfire caches, then I'd forgive Jaime." But Jaime never told anyone, so there's no way on earth we can get statements like that. It seems you've lost the debate, because you simply can't prove your position.

All you can do at this point is admit that you can't prove your claim. I'm not the one making any claims here: you are. The burden of proof is on you. You have to prove Jaime would get forgiven.. and the sad truth is that you have no evidence for your claims.

And the one time he DOES tell someone about the wildfire (Brienne) she almost immediately:

A ) Believes him; and

B ) Asks why the hell he never told anyone else.

They built a relationship over time. Not sure what the purpose of this is at all.

<snip>

It seems like you're only intent on this forum is to whitewash Jaime, and whitewash all of his acts. Even if Jaime didn't look at the map, which he most likely did because the Kingsguard were privy to all of the king's plans and secrets, he roughly knew where the caches were placed. Beneath Baelor’s Sept and the hovels of Flea Bottom, under stables and storehouses, at all seven gates, even in the cellars of the Red Keep itself.

Bottom line: He knew where the wildfire was placed, and he could've said something. Who is Jaime to decide not to even try to tell anyone about it? If he truly cared about KL, he would've at least attempted to tell someone.

Archived