Aegon's True Parentage

jon_1440

Ashara and Brandon Stark were in love, however while at court, Ashara was raped by Aerys which resulted in her pregnancy. She did in fact give birth to a child (Aegon/young Griff). It was Elia who gave birth to a still born child and since she was now barren and had not yet produced a male heir, her best friend (Ashara) gave up her child w/Aerys to pass as Elia's. This is what I believe was the cause for Ashara being expelled from KL. This was unknown to Rhaegar at first however he somehow found out, possibly Varys or perhaps his good friend Arthur Dayne told him. This is what pushed him towards Lyanna, although I do believe they fell in love at the TOH.

Ashara, upon finding that her true love (Brandon), her true son (Aegon), and then finally her brother (Arthur) were killed is what drove her to suicide. She was unaware that Aegon/young Griff had been taken by Varys.

So, in Dany's vision at the House of the Undying, it is Rhaegar, Elia, and Aegon she sees. This is before he becomes aware of Aegon's true parentage. At that point Rhaegar did believe it was Aegon who was the PTWP, however, he was not. Perhaps it a later moment, after Rhaegar finds out, that he says, "There must be one more".

And then R + L = J - the PTWP.

But Ashara’s daughter had been stillborn, and his fair lady had thrown herself from a tower soon after, mad with grief for the child she had lost...

According to Barriston, Ashara wouldn't have gotten pregnant until the beginning of the Rebellion, or shortly before since we know she was alive at the end. Timelines are rough estimates, but clearly she would have gotten pregnant long after Aegon was born.

Since when has it been established, that Ashara and Brandon were in love? I must have missed this part completely...

But otherwise:

I also had the idea, that young Griff is actually Ashara's son, conceived during a rape from Aerys.

When Ned came to Starfall from the ToJ and saw the little baby with purple eye's and silver hair, he knew what would happen if Robert were to find out and convinced Ashara to go into exile, to safe her son.

Barristan is a member of the Kingsguard, along with Ashara's brother Arthur Dayne. They would be among the first to know of such an even because their job is to guard the king. If Aery's had raped Ashara, Jaime Lannister wouldn't have had the burden of being called "Kingslayer," because Barristan or the Sword of the Morning would have got to him first. Plus, we get Barristans POV. We already know he loved Ashara. Even if he wouldn't tell Dany the true nature of her father, he thinks about it, and the raping of Ashara Dayne would certainly have come up by now.

I dont think that if Brandon was the father it would mess up the theory. If Brandon was the father and he is killed shortly into her pregnancy, she could still give up the baby to Elia and claim she bore a stillborn. I believe the reason the father was kept secret however is because it was Aerys.

I dont think that if Brandon was the father it would mess up the theory. If Brandon was the father and he is killed shortly into her pregnancy, she could still give up the baby to Elia and claim she bore a stillborn. I believe the reason the father was kept secret however is because it was Aerys.

That's fine that you think that, but you at least have to provide some semblance of textual evidence that alludes or foreshadows such an event occuring. There is none. And, judging by the amount of royal bastards that have been found around Westeros over the years, I doubt it'd have been kept much of a secret if Aerys sired a kid on her.

Barristan is a member of the Kingsguard, along with Ashara's brother Arthur Dayne. They would be among the first to know of such an even because their job is to guard the king. If Aery's had raped Ashara, Jaime Lannister wouldn't have had the burden of being called "Kingslayer," because Barristan or the Sword of the Morning would have got to him first. Plus, we get Barristans POV. We already know he loved Ashara. Even if he wouldn't tell Dany the true nature of her father, he thinks about it, and the raping of Ashara Dayne would certainly have come up by now.

But Barristan and Arthur were two of the most honorable members of the KG and known to keep there vows, protecting there king over all else.

That's fine that you think that, but you at least have to provide some semblance of textual evidence that alludes or foreshadows such an event occuring. There is none.

Yes I cannot point out any particular pieces of text that would with no doubt validate it. I just thought it would fit. Isnt that the point of theorizing anyway?

But Barristan and Arthur were two of the most honorable members of the KG and known to keep there vows, protecting there king over all else.

I cannot see any man, let alone one of the most skilled swordsmen out there, sitting idly by while his sister is raped.

Yes I cannot point out any particular pieces of text that would with no doubt validate it. I just thought it would fit. Isnt that the point of theorizing anyway?

Right, but if you're going to propose something as preposterous as this it's best that you have something to back it up other than "I think it so it must be true" or "Aerys is a known mad monster so let's blame every calamity on him."

Archived