Wild theories confirmed?

The Honeyed Locust

Those of you who started with ASOIAF and this (or some other similar) forum a long time ago:

Which theories were formed while only the first few books had been released about the coming events, characters, plots and connections, that later turned out to be confirmed and true? Which typical "hits" had the speculating fan community had?

Was reading this SSM thread, before SoS was released, and someone asks GRRM about the romance in future novels.

George_RR_Martin:

Romance? Hmmmm . . . well, there will be, lessee, one, two, three, maybe four weddings in A STORM OF SWORDS. But how much romance will accompany them is tougher.

ChrisK:

& a funeral?????

George_RR_Martin:

Robb has a bigger role in STORM than in CLASH. He's onstage more, that is. But not as a POV character; he appears in Cat's chapters.

ChrisK, you nailed it, actually.

:crying: Someone predicted the RW.

Was reading this SSM thread, before SoS was released, and someone asks GRRM about the romance in future novels.

:crying: Someone predicted the RW.

They were making a joke about the movie "Four Weddings and a Funeral". The only funeral in ASoS is Hoster Tully's.

I'm guessing someone predicted the 3EC was bloodraven before his adwd reveal. And of course R+L=J (which isn't 100%, more like 99%)

Knowing grrm's writing style I assume very few people can accurately predict what's going to happen.

3 eyed crow was confirmed as bloodraven

Edit : damned ninjas :ninja:

I think we'll get a lot of confirmations when winds is released, my money is on RW 2.0

Is that a wild theory? I'd say it's almost certain, otherwise what's Tom O'Sevenstrings (is that right?) doing? Just quit and become a musician?

Is that a wild theory? I'd say it's almost certain, otherwise what's Tom O'Sevenstrings (is that right?) doing? Just quit and become a musician?

He is a musician :P

And we never really know with george and I sure hope it's certain, but I won't say it is until I read it :)

Archived