Crackpot: Tommen's gold shroud = Baratheon wedding cloak

Mladen

Don't have time to read the whole thread but I think there is an argument they will have gold shrouds whether they die as monarchs or not (gold is common to the Baratheon and Lannister colours) and the prophecy doesn't technically say they predecease her (just implies it) so they could live to a ripe old age.

Also, you can always fall back on at least one of them could have a fake death, since naturally we can't bear to think of Tommen dying!

I consider it possible, if not especially likely, that "gold shall be their crowns" refers to their golden Lannister hair, and "gold their shrouds" means their golden Baratheon cloaks - that the sentence simply refers to the fact that Cersei's children are all Lannisters who are presented to the world as Baratheons.

And they will die as fake Baratheons in my opinion. I believe that Tommen will be poisoned by Cersei in order to keep fAegon from killing him, while Myrcella is killed by a FM hired by the IB who wants the Baratheons and Lannisters to pay their debt.

I know that the Faceless men, normally don't go to Westeros, but there are exceptional cases, like Euron hiring one to off Balon Greyjoy, and it can be a possiblity in Myrcella 's case, especially if the debts to the IB are not paid off promptly.

• 3 months later...

A new king to the IT could easily use tommen as a puppet to control either the westerlands or storms end ( depending on how the trial goes). Both are fairly reasonable. Marcella could wear a golden shroud when she is married covering her disfigured face. When she is taken away from Cersie through marriage. I don't think that you can directly take the litteral path GRRM he loves curve balls an tossing us off the path.

I will latch on to any theory that allows Tommen and Myrcella to live. I'm hoping the "gold shrouds" part just means that they die wealthy, not necessarily before Cersei. The part about her drowning on her tears could happen if they live and decide mommy's crazy and we shouldn't listen to her anymore. I just really don't want Tommen to die, he is so cute and who would play with his kittens when he is gone? :(

Archived