Rickon's Grief and his Reactions to his Siblings

Dead Wolf

I would've thought it was Arya, but, the Ghost says something else to her. That she is surrounded by death, or along those lines. I believe it is most likely Greywind, as Shaggydog / Rickon's howl would be more anger imo.

I'm not sure about the anger being associated with Rickon/Shaggydog. Shaggydog's noted aggressive reactions towards others have been out of fear or some other emotional origin. If Rickon's angry, I'm sure it would be associated with and even stem from his grief, so it would kind of be same thing in my book.

But the visions are supposed to be ambiguous, so who really knows...

"Nine -and -twenty ships had set sail from the Wall. If half of them were still afloat,

Davos would be shocked. Black skies, bitter winds, and lashing rains had hounded them all

the way down the coast. The galleys Oledo and Old Mother’s Son had been driv en onto the

rocks of Skagos, the isle of unicorns and cannibals where even the Blind Bastard had feared

to land;"

They're like goats with one horn, I think. But they're called unicorns in westeros. :3

''A wild rain lashed down upon his black brother as he tore at the flesh of an enormous goat, washing the blood from his side where the goat’s long horn had raked him.''

Vision from Jon, or Ghost.

The Black Brother being Shaggydog.

Either Ghost or Summer has a vision of the black brother (ShaggyDog) on a shore taking down a one-horned beast.

And musing as a play on words 'no one' hears the lone wolf. But who does Arya become? No one.

The quote probably referred to Grey Wind, but it could apply to Rickon/Shaggydog too and I like that possibility. Rickon may be absent from the POV's, but Rickon's grief is an interesting topic that hasn't really been addressed on these forums.

Isolated as he is on Skagos, I think Rickon probably knows about Robb's death. He probably had another green dream, followed by the news of the Red Wedding reaching Skagos. As for how he reacted, it wouldn't surprise me if he reacted violently with Shaggydog echoing that sentiment. After all, just think about his reaction when Robb was gathering the bannermen to march off to war. Rickon and Shaggydog protested by hiding in the crypts and when they were found, Rickon seized a sword from one of the tombs and slashed at anyone who approached while Shaggydog attacked as well. It took Robb and Grey Wind to subdue them.

After hearing about the Red Wedding, I suspect Rickon is just like his siblings: using it as motivation to be stronger for the day when he can get his revenge. In Rickon's case, that probably means training how to use a sword from the Skagosi, embracing the warrior culture, and strengthening the bond with Shaggydog. But imagine the grief Rickon must feel too, knowing that Robb has fallen. With Bran crippled and Jon tied to the wall, Rickon probably believes he needs to become the soldier of the family, to be what Bran cannot be due to his handicap. And I think that's what we'll see when Davos finally encounters Rickon on Skagos: a willful, temperamental boy who is struggling to learn how to be a true Northern soldier, capable of swinging his sword to exact justice for Starks someday.

I can't wait to hear from his adventures.Bran doesn't think about him too much,which i find odd.I hope Rickon gets to meet Sansa and Jon,at least, his reaction to their resemblance to Cat and Ned.

But I hope he won't meet with unCat though��

I can't wait to hear from his adventures.Bran doesn't think about him too much,which i find odd.I hope Rickon gets to meet Sansa and Jon,at least, his reaction to their resemblance to Cat and Ned.

Well, actually, the Stark children think less and less about their sibling. Arya is trying to be no one,Sansa Alayne, and Bran is focused on his mission. Actually, the one who is more and more obsessed about his family is Jon, the one supposed to "forget" them.

I have always assumed Rickon is the wolf, but it can be interpreted in many ways. I'm really looking forward to discovering his fate, hoping he is not dead yet.

Well, actually, the Stark children think less and less about their sibling. Arya is trying to be no one,Sansa Alayne, and Bran is focused on his mission. Actually, the one who is more and more obsessed about his family is Jon, the one supposed to "forget" them.

I have always assumed Rickon is the wolf, but it can be interpreted in many ways. I'm really looking forward to discovering his fate, hoping he is not dead yet.

Arya is trying to be no one, and failing. She kept Needle and thinks like Arya Stark. Sansa is about to put aside Alayne and get married again. No way Rickon is dead. He's the only male Stark who can continue the line, since Bran can't have children and Jon is tied to the NW

Bran thinks enviously about Rickon on his way to the Wall. He thinks Rickon is in White Harbor eating scones

Archived