how did bloodraven go from hand of the king to weirnet?

obie07

I think it seems Bloodraven was called by the Children of the Forest who saw in him "the last of the greenseer". LC Bloodraven was probably hit by the same dreams as Bran and he was approached by the Children/Coldhands (? that's still a possibility) and he was warned about the danger represented by the Others.

It is said further in the official WOIAF companion guide that "[he] awaits the birth of Bran Stark, another greenseer, who will be needed in a time when the fate of the world and all wo live in it are in danger".

So it was certainly all in preparation for what is coming, Bloodraven needed to take care of the weirwood network and it is made clear that he was awaiting the birth of Bran who is the person who can obviously "save the day"

I agree, and my thoughts on 'BR absconding' from the NW, well we know that as a greenseer/warg his abilities probably got stronger at the wall. Maybe that's when he was contacted by coldhands/CoTF? I think BR/coldhands/ CoTF are on on the same side as NW. I just think we can't figure out truly what the final battle is all about. That's why there's sooooo many theories on it. Is it ice vs fire, is it fire and ice vs the others.....who knows? But I think its established that BR and bran are working for the good of the realm.

• Maekar I had another reason to rid himself of BR: He was branded a kinslayer, blamed for the great spring sickness and the big draught. Maekar I was definitely worried about his own reputation so putting BR into a black cell was a way to improve his PR without doing anything that could be interpreted as kinslaying.

Of course BR had to "abscond" the wall. Even a LC of the Night's Watch doesn't have the right to desert or to grant himself indeterminate leave.

By the way: There are no pure evil or pure good characters in ASOIAF. This is not Star Wars, there are no Jedi in planetos. Could you please stop arguing whether one of them is good or bad? I don't mind arguments about AAR, WWs and NW fighting each other and possibly different Starks ending up on different sides of the battle field - that is just GRRM - and it's perfectly ok to root for one side or another but indentifying one side or the other as the "good" or "evil" does GRRM no honour. There'll be good and evil on both sides.

• Maekar I had another reason to rid himself of BR: He was branded a kinslayer, blamed for the great spring sickness and the big draught. Maekar I was definitely worried about his own reputation so putting BR into a black cell was a way to improve his PR without doing anything that could be interpreted as kinslaying.

Of course BR had to "abscond" the wall. Even a LC of the Night's Watch doesn't have the right to desert or to grant himself indeterminate leave.

By the way: There are no pure evil or pure good characters in ASOIAF. This is not Star Wars, there are no Jedi in planetos. Could you please stop arguing whether one of them is good or bad? I don't mind arguments about AAR, WWs and NW fighting each other and possibly different Starks ending up on different sides of the battle field - that is just GRRM - and it's perfectly ok to root for one side or another but indentifying one side or the other as the "good" or "evil" does GRRM no honour. There'll be good and evil on both sides.

I agree, my views on BR is that he is going to be an opposition to all fire magic but not evil.

Archived