1. If the planned worked out and Viserys hadn't of been a total idiot and gotten himself killed, would (f)Aegon still try to claim the throne?
2. What I am trying to say is: after the death of Viserys did Illyrio and Varys go with the next best plan which is (f)Aegon? Would there even be a (f)Aegon if Viserys lived? Would the golden company AND the dothraki fight for Viserys or would they war against each other? Was it the plan all along for Viserys to die?
3. Varys tells Kevan that they had been training (f)Aegon since he was a little boy to be the best king there ever was. Why would they train him to rule with Viserys and Dany still alive?
1. It wasn't up to Aegon, Illyrio has set this whole course in action, he is calling the shots up to the point when Tyrion tricks Aegon.
2. Aegon was always the original plan as he is Illyrio's son. Viserys was going to die no matter what, Illyrio was pretty positive Dany would die too. Viserys, when on the run with Dany, approached the GC and asked them to help him invade Westeros and they turned him down. The Dothraki would have never fought for Viserys. Yes it was the plan for Viserys to die the whole time.
3. They trained him because they are related to him and want to put the Blackfyres back on the throne, make no mistake this plan has been in motion for the best part of 2 decades. fAegon was always the plan. Dany and Viserys were completely worthless until Dany hatched the dragons (which NO ONE knew would happen). After the dragons Varys and Illyrio wanted her back because the dragons validate who she is and if fAegon married her, no one would question him. It was all about him the whole time.
Edited by Suzanna Stormborn, 18 March 2014 - 10:03 AM.