[Book & Show Spoilers] Too much King's Landing?

Black_Goat

This seems weird to me, as it's like some retroactive reaction. Last season there was WAY too much screen time wasted on KL where nothing happened. Nothing. Many of the possible good scenes from the books were cut out and replaced with characters doing nothing, and I mean this literally, and brood in a corner. Oh, and Littlefinger giving a corny speech while twirling at his moustache like a Disney villain, tits, and dick jokes. Cat and Robb should have got the lion share of screen time in season 3, it was shameful what they did with the Starks storyline.

But this season? Nah, it's fine. Stuff is actually happening and characters are actually doing things, so thank god they're getting it right finally... For now at least, let's see if it continues.

I highly doubt that. If you have seen the name of the tenth episode of Season 4

The Children

one can say for very sure that it won't happen before then. And Alex Graves stated that Episode 10 has a battle that requires huge amounts of CGI, which - in my humble opinion - fits Bran's battle.

Yes, but I think the title of Ep 7 could also refer (partly) to Bloodraven:

Mockingbird

I didn't know that about a CGI battle, though. Still, I'm crossing my fingers, even if it's a stretch.

How much time did Jon spend with the Wildlings in the books? How many chapters? And how many scenes did he have with Mance?

Look at it this way: How much do the Tyrells appear in the books? Not much. Yet their roles have been greatly expanded to major character status in the show, which I have absolutely no problem with because they are important to the story. But it's just unfortunate to me that D&D haven't done that with any other characters outside of KL who are also important to the story, especially when they get an actor like Ciaran Hinds (for example) and then don't use him.

Can we get a little bit more inspired around here? Mighty please? :closedeyes:

Alright then, I shall say "decolletage" and "arbor vitae". Happy now? :rolleyes:

Archived