R+L=J origins

The_Leech_Lord

I was thinking about how I never even guessed this before I started reading the threads. My mind was... blown.

That said,I'd like to know who originally proposed this and how the theory eventually developed as the books got released. I went to the R+L=J v 1 but apparently that was in 2006 and it seems the idea is well- established by then.

Does anybody know any of the older discussion boards? Links? Plus, who claims to have thought of this before anyone else? Is he still active?

Just joined the forums a while back so sorry if much of this is common knowledge

The theory must have been in discussion from way back when AGoT came out, as some posters here claim to have figured it out from that book alone. There's no single original poster for that idea though, as there were few message boards back then, and people came up with the idea independently.

As for the first person who figured it out, GRRM's editor might be a good guess - GRRM admitted some time in the past that she got it right after reading AGoT ;)

Archived