Is Jon Lightbringer?

Here Shaggydog

I read somewhere on here that Rhaegar could be Azor Ahai and that his seed (sword) killed Lyanna, his Nissa Nissa, in childbirth, creating Jon (Lightbringer). That would mean Lightbringer is a child not a sword. So who would TPTWP be? The Stallion that Mounts the World, is that part of a prophecy only held by the Dothraki?

Meh, I think if anything Drogon might be Daenerys' Lightbringer, Nissa Nissa was Rhaego. If ANY of those prophecies can be believed. Out of all the debates ive had in recent memory, I think Azor Ahai is the most fuzzy on me, personally id love it to be Sandor, inevitably killing Stranger (putting it to rest mercifully, since it wont recognize him redeemed), and with his absolute fear of fire, he will find it in him to conquer that fear.

Now, if your full blown in on Jon being Azor Ahai, if he IS to be Azor Ahai, this is my developed crackpot fanfiction theory on how it will happen:

Jon is dead at the wall. dead as a doornail. As such, the Night's watch are going to prepare a burial for him, because he was lord commander. they leave him on a slab, with longclaw clasped to his chest, like burials of old.

Melisandre is still at the wall. She will most likely hear of this, and will have nothing of it. She will attempt a resurrection liek thoros. But for a resurrection, you need what? Kingsblood. well it just so happens that they have kingsblood to her knowledge in Mance's baby (king beyond the wall). Unfortunately for mel, mance's baby was switched with craster's baby by gilly, are you following me so far? Melisandre however, doesnt know this is Craster's and still believes it royally blooded-beyond-the-wall mance's.

Now, The Others have been taking all of Craster's baby boys. That baby, is technically, by whatever contract they have with them, it belongs to THEM.

Melisandre conducts a ritual, inevitably, sacrificing the baby boy she THINKS has royal blood, but is really craster's to appease R'hllor. Instead of R'hllor, there is Other intervention.

An Other (The Night's King perhaps, perhaps not) resurrect Jon through their magic, and Jon opens his newly obtained glowing blue icy eyes. Jon sits up, Longclaw in hand (he's always got black gloves on, mind you, so he technically can hold Valyrian steel)

Jon impales Melisandre, standing there, through the chest with Longclaw, which has since been chilled wit his newly obtained icy grip. As the icy blade slides through Melisandre's chest, the temperature change between Jon's icy blade, and Melisandre's overly warm fiery body causes a spark on the blade, causing it to erupt and take flame.

Behold, Jon wields Longclaw, aka Lightbringer, with a baby sacrificed, a death in melisandre, the magic of both R'hllor and The Great Other to keep his sword ignited.

But that's just too unbelievable to happen, even for me, ...right?

I read somewhere on here that Rhaegar could be Azor Ahai and that his seed (sword) killed Lyanna, his Nissa Nissa, in childbirth, creating Jon (Lightbringer). That would mean Lightbringer is a child not a sword. So who would TPTWP be? The Stallion that Mounts the World, is that part of a prophecy only held by the Dothraki?

If you are interested in the full scope of the Jon = Lightbringer theory, I would read this thread, parts one and two http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/103266-r-l-lightbringer-updated-with-part-ii/

The OP lays it out far better than I could

I think Jon is AAR because of the evidence in the text.

His dream about wielding Lightbringer and fighting off the dead, and Melisandre's remark about wanting a glimpse of AA, but seeing only Snow was pretty convincing.

His dream about wielding Lightbringer and fighting off the dead, and Melisandre's remark about wanting a glimpse of AA, but seeing only Snow was pretty convincing.

My Azor Ahai Jon is Other Jon, fully intelligent, but openly blue eyed.

Read my completely crackpot theorum. It's a fun read, if not at all possible ;)

Pretty much a given at this point imo. Also Stannis getting out of Mel's grip at the same time is very telling.

Who would Jon's Nissa Nissa be then? I can only think of Val. I don't see it being Daenerys unless she is in Westeros in the Winds of Winter.

My theory was that it was Ghost and that someone would have to kill the wolf to get Jon back out of him. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

ETA: But I increasingly like the Jon as Lightbringer theory better.

My theory was that it was Ghost and that someone would have to kill the wolf to get Jon back out of him. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

ETA: But I increasingly like the Jon as Lightbringer theory better.

if Jon's body dies, and he wargs Ghost at the last minute, that's it, he's done.

Per the Varamyr Sixskins prologue, if a warg, inhabits another body, and his own body dies during that warg, then that warg is forever trapped inside that second body, and can no longer warg out of it. they call this "second life."

So if jon's body dies, and he wargs ghost, he's done, he's ghost forever.

Which essentially would kill Ghost.

Ghost as a character yes, though, Jon would theoretically sense him as he's possessing ghost, like bran with hodor.

Ghost may actually bo some other inhabitant as well. Not going to even start that here but, the white hair/red eyes thing was always said to be soemthing important

if Jon's body dies, and he wargs Ghost at the last minute, that's it, he's done.

Per the Varamyr Sixskins prologue, if a warg, inhabits another body, and his own body dies during that warg, then that warg is forever trapped inside that second body, and can no longer warg out of it. they call this "second life."

So if jon's body dies, and he wargs ghost, he's done, he's ghost forever.

Well, when someone walks into a flaming pyre for a night, they are done, too.

But magic is pretty common 'round these here parts XD

Well, when someone walks into a flaming pyre for a night, they are done, too.

But magic is pretty common 'round these here parts XD

No. We dont take your kind in here, now git!

Interesting concept actually: IF Melisandre were to attempt to resurrect jon's body, by sacrificing craster's baby, thinking it was mances and had royal blood, would the magic rip jon's spirit from ghost and place it back into his own body?

or would something ELSE inhabit jon's body..

im also a believer, that arya will eventually meet with lady stoneheart, and the very vision of seeing her daughter, will weaken the lady's resolve, and arya will need to put her down mercifully. the magic in lady stoneheart, will inhabit needle, and needle will become lightbringer.

*shrugs* a lot of different possibilities.

im also a believer, that arya will eventually meet with lady stoneheart, and the very vision of seeing her daughter, will weaken the lady's resolve, and arya will need to put her down mercifully. the magic in lady stoneheart, will inhabit needle, and needle will become lightbringer.

*shrugs* a lot of different possibilities.

not arya, jon

not arya, jon

meh thats a difference of opinion. theyre on opposite ends of the world right now, not literally, but very far. theyre also at very different stages and drives. i cant see them meeting, unless during the LAST book, if LS lasts that long, and jon too.

aryas whole concept has been based on killing, who deserves it, who doesnt, and its not for her to decide, and mercy kills. it's the perfect set up for somethign she may have to do later. to me it's more believable that arya will be the one to put out lady stoneheart.

think about it, catelyn thinks everyone of her kids is dead, she KNOWS jon is alive. her very rage and drive that keeps her going is the vengeance for her dead children.

..if she were to discover, and SEE, arya?? her resolve would instantly be weakened, and she can finally be put to rest, the vengeful spirit-wraith she has become.

lady stoneheart's story arc will end when her spirit can finally be at rest, and her immortal life can finally end. the repititious life of lord beric, over and over and over, to her, and then end. once she comes to grips, and lets go of her vengeance, she'll beg arya to make it end. let this end. like her words to walder frey at the red wedding.

the lady will be in tears, and will kneel before arya, at her level. arya will debate to not do it, cant do it, she just got her mother back, she cant kill her. she must. in a wave of sudden angst, arya rushes forward, driving needle through the stone heart of catelyn.

she withdraws her sword, and blackened blood trickles out of the lady's chest, coating the blade of needle, and through the power of r'hllor, needle takes flame.

behold, arya is azor ahai, catelyn is nissa nissa, and needle, is lightbringer.

thats my favorite rendition, and it's more emotional, than my own jon Other azor ahai theory.

i hope it's arya.

Archived