So many locations

feast-of-fros

I was just thinking about the next book and the number of locations where asoiaf has storylines/pov

1 vale

Sansa

2 Heart tree north of the Wall

Bran

3 the Wall

Jon/Melisandre

4 Winterfell

Theon-Asha

5 Riverlands

Jaime/Brienne

6 Dorn

Areo Hotah

7 Kings Landing

Cersie

8 Braavos

Arya

9 Stormlands

Connington/Aurienne

10 Skagos

Davos

11 Mereen

Selmy/Greyjoy/Tyrion

12 Dothraki Sea

Dany

That is just off the top of my head. Not sure where the prologue and epilogue characters will be or other characters like marwin floating around in the story. I don't pretend to be a literary expert, but that is a staggering number of places to have story-lines. No wonder he made 4 and 5 the way he did. He has to shrink all of those locations down to half by the beginning of book 7. I am guessing WoW is his most difficult book to write and book 7 will be easier. Or there could be a book 8, it might be another 10 years before he reaches the end.

GRRM has quite spoiled me for other epic books, I have never come across anything other series that was so chockful of characters, places and story-lines. Truly amazeballs when ones thinks about it.

Thanks

13 Oldtown

(Sam / Sarella)

14 the Iron Islands.

Damphair

i am guessing, however, we wont hair from damphair again......correction. the wiki list him as a POV character for WOWinter...

jeez. 14 locations and counting.

in spite of all that. here are locations i would like to see before the series is over

Asshai (ass-high?) :)

The Ruins of Valyria/Smoking Sea

God's eye,- isle of Faces - Greywater Watch (i am guessing we might see these locations in book 7)

Archived