In which climate would you like to live?

The Onion Sleight

:agree: I'm so glad that I'm just living NEAR Frankfurt, and not in the metropole itself, so I can enjoy the great nature here, which is exactly my picture of the RL too.

I also love the Rhineland (our real life Riverlands?), it's so beautiful with its large river, and grape vine fields and romantic castles or 'cliche german' Fachwerkhäuser: https://www.google.de/search?client=safari&hl=de&biw=320&bih=460&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=hCgXVPWpMaX8ywP164DgCQ&q=rheinland+landschaft&oq=rheinland&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.1.0.41l2j0l3.16139.19232.0.21288.14.8.1.5.5.0.105.689.6j2.8.0....0...1c.1.53.mobile-gws-serp..0.14.771.3.aOVh4QfdO4g

Oh yeah, the Rhineland is a wonderful region. Those pictures are pretty much how i see the Riverlands.

I live in the Pacific Northwest, so I would love to live in the Rainwood/Stormlands, which I picture as like Westeros' Pacific Northwest. (Sidenote: picturing Aegon's elephants traipsing around through the forest is one of the best mental images I got from the series.)

HOWEVER, shoutout to Cheb for making me think of my allergies. I'm allergic to pretty much all the pollens and molds that the doctors gave me on a scratch test, so the Rainwood might not be the greatest. Dorne would definitely be best for my allergies, imo.

The Reach for me.

I used to live in the tropics, with heavy rains and harsh summers, which I didn't mind so much, but after moving to the South of France, I think I'll go for some place like the Reach which has a pleasant climate and has nice meadows and fields.

Places I'd hate - Dorne (can't stand deserts), the North. No extremes. Anywhere else would be fine.

Cry me a river. Try Toronto where we have 30 degrees and 5 degrees in the same week.

Anyway, I will surprise no one by saying Dorne. I like dry heat, it's good for my asthma.

Try Glasgow; tops off one minute, watch your kid swim past your window the next.

In Westeros, the Riverlands seem quite mild.

Over the continent, maybe Bravos?

I would live in the North. Yes it gets cold, but you have lower property values so you can own more land and have greater autonomy. If you live more than 100 miles from your lord then you pretty much have unlimited freedom and will likely never get called to military service.

Dorne in the winter, North in the summer? I grew up in Istanbul, but now we're in the Midwest. The winters here are great when they begin, but around January, I want them done. Up north, that January would go on for years, and I'd probably cut my throat half way through. Sadly, I also start fainting on the Aegean in August, so years of heat, dry or not, wouldn't be great either. Westeros is a bitch.

This has turned into a competition over who's country has the worst weather. Oh yeah, well, in London, it rains a lot. (beat that).

Try northern Michigan with 4m of snow on the ground 8mo out of the year. I've been stationed all over the world from the tropics to the Arctic and back. Give me the North, although I have to say I loved the scenery on Waikiki, if you know what I mean. ;)

As a New Jerseyite, I see most of the extremes to all seasons. Too much snow in winter and way too hot in summer. But I just absolutely can't stand the heat. Sleeping is uncomfortable and blaring sun just adds to the fun.

I would take the weather we're having in NJ now all year round if I could. The beginning of fall with warmish days and freezing nights is perfect. In Westeros I would kind of associate that with The Westerlands/Stormlands/The Reach? I'm not really sure.

Archived