So many f(insert character names)

I Am TheSongOf IceAndFire

Well, the search for identity is a major theme in the story. And the power of names we give ourselves, and all that.

And to be really annoying: you can't just put an "f" in front of a name, it also has to work phonetically. So fArya an fAegon are okay because you can pronounce that, but how would you pronounce fMyrcella?

Ok call me dumb, I'm actually confused what the f means. I kind of get what you're saying here, characters changing names/faces but I'm still a bit confused. :-/

It's short for "faux" a prefix that means false, or fake.

So fAegon would be false, or fake Aegon.

So fArya an fAegon are okay because you can pronounce that, but how would you pronounce fMyrcella?

How about Fyrcella?

Does Abel counts as a fake character? He was Mance after all.

And what about Aemon Steelsong, his son? People think that he is Craster's child.

How about Fyrcella?

And what about Aemon Steelsong, his son? People think that he is Craster's child.

Faucella sounds better, but looks worse. You need that "y" in there, visually. Fyrcella might be the best we can do.

Faumore. Definitely.

Faucella sounds better, but looks worse. You need that "y" in there, visually. Fyrcella might be the best we can do.

Faumore. Definitely.

Faucella siunds like a character from commedia del'arte/

Flemore was reminding me of Nicolas Flamel, or just "Phlegm."

Who knows, perhaps Lemore is the westerosi version of Nicolas Flamel :P

What about Arya's different faces - fCat, etc, do they count as fake characters, or am I on the wrong track here?

How about Fyrcella?

i didnt really have set rules, just sorta thinking outloud. id def count fAbel (mance)

cant believe i missed fReek (ramsay)

Archived