How long does it take you on average to finish a book

JonSnowington

Hey guys, first time poster, long time reader. I'm a huge fan and look forward to conversing with my fellow fans :cool4: I was just wondering how long it takes most of you on average to finish ASOIAF book. ASOS was the first novel i read and that took me about 3 months, But AFFC and ADWD only took me just over a month to read. AGOT only took me about 3 weeks however and i am halfway through ACOK at the moment and i've been reading for about 2 weeks.

Depends on the time I have. Currently close to 2 years working on TWoW, no idea how long it will take me since I don't know when it will be released.

But if I have enough time I'd say I can do it in a week. I think I've read the entire series (book 1-5) in about 3/4 months.

Depends on the time I have. Currently close to 2 years working on TWoW, no idea how long it will take me since I don't know when it will be released.

Lol

The last few rereads I've done have been with the audiobooks, do those count as reads? And I can get through AGOT to ASOS in about a week and a half maybe? Actually I have no idea. The days blend in when all you do is play CK2:AGOT and listen to ASOIAF.

Lol

The last few rereads I've done have been with the audiobooks, do those count as reads? And I can get through AGOT to ASOS in about a week and a half maybe? Actually I have no idea. The days blend in when all you do is play CK2:AGOT and listen to ASOIAF.

Ouch, I should play that game :eek:

I like to take my time and savor the books, so anywhere from 1-3 months. If I started to read a good chunk (say 50 pages) every day, I could cut that down to three weeks. But I like to savor the books.

Same, I like to make them last so I will only read one or two chapters a day. Which is why I prefer books to movies. I liike to really get to know a story.

Depends on the book. Some I read in less than a day. These books in this series I read and re-read and take notes and change notes and compare notes and read again and again and obsess and read posts and articles and wonder when when when will WINTER FINALLY GET HERE?

Sorry but I don't believe that these can be read in one day.

Took me about half a week per week book on average, if memory serves.

I read Harry Potter 7 in less than a day, and that was about 600 pages long (and hardback). You read faster if you're more excited.

Harry Potter is hardly on the same level though is it.

When i find a series i like i get addicted. Its all I can do. Im trying to fill the void with The Wheel of Time but it's not cutting it.

I tried that one too. Got half through book 1, it wasn't getting me either. Knowing it had 14 books or something I decided to stop.

Less than a week, usually a few days. And i tend to read about 50 books in a year, atleast when i had the time for it, so no need to savor, the libraries have too many good books ive never read. I prefer science fiction, especially grand space opera, but i read a bit of everything.

Few books or book series though have the following that Asoiaf has.

Not long enough.

Of course I won't be through reading any of them until I've read all of them (assuming George and I both last long enough for him to finish the series and me to read books 6 through however many it turns out to be).

Archived