Making Connections...

OrangeStallion

So since the entire thrones cast, including big-name actors have signed onto their contracts THROUGH season 7 (and most of them with raises), does this mean that Jon Snow does indeed survive and/or get resurrected during the Winds of Winter. Assuming he doesn't get caesered in S5, its hard to see S6 not even reaching that point, and for him to get stabbed at the end of S7 seems an awful long time for him not to finish the Dance arc.

Does this mean (though it is a highly accepted fan theory) that our reasons to believe that Jon is not done have been confirmed?

They are keeping him on contract only to guarantee that they can film the scene where Bran sees him at the end in spirit form, like when Luke Skywalker saw Obi-wan Kenobi, Yoda and Anakin Skywalker at the end of "Return of the Jedi". In the last scene of the show, Bran will see the ghosts of Jon Snow, Eddard Stark, and Maester Luwin smiling at him.

We really can't take anything from the show as canon, I mean they aren't even including Aegon, or Uncat, or any number of other plots. That being said, the % of people who think Jon is dead and or going to stay dead is already pretty small from what I can gather.

But cutting things from the show is different than making sure they are in the show. Sure the showrunners change some things, but they've always said they're working towards the same ending. If they're making sure they keep Kit Harrington, that's a pretty major piece of their project.

Agree the number of people who think Jon is coming back is minimal, but I don't think it is unreasonable to use facts like these as supporting evidence to bolster such a claim.

As to the Aegon thing, we don't know they're not including him. The showrunners could very well be playing this one extremely close to the vest as to not spoil the unsullied. If there was an announcement about a "young griff" they would start asking questions (like, what's his real name?), and we know they can't drop a casting call for another targaryen. I'm of the opinion we shouldn't just count Aegon as being cut from the show, or Stoneheart, or Euron Greyjoy

They are keeping him on contract only to guarantee that they can film the scene where Bran sees him at the end in spirit form, like when Luke Skywalker saw Obi-wan Kenobi, Yoda and Anakin Skywalker at the end of "Return of the Jedi". In the last scene of the show, Bran will see the ghosts of Jon Snow, Eddard Stark, and Maester Luwin smiling at him.

I can see this as a possibility via the Weirwood CCTV

Do you have information about what the future pacing of the tv show will be? I kind of assumed they would keep the 2 seasons per book like for ASoS and season 3 and 4 (mostly because I liked that pacing, much more than their attempt to fit ACoK into season 2) and probably fill seasons 5 to 8 with a chronological mix of AFfC and ADwD. Jon get stabbed pretty late in ADwD, so I did expect to see that scene middle to late in season 8. That's just my hope, though, I completely lack official information.

Do you have information about what the future pacing of the tv show will be? I kind of assumed they would keep the 2 seasons per book like for ASoS and season 3 and 4 (mostly because I liked that pacing, much more than their attempt to fit ACoK into season 2) and probably fill seasons 5 to 8 with a chronological mix of AFfC and ADwD. Jon get stabbed pretty late in ADwD, so I did expect to see that scene middle to late in season 8. That's just my hope, though, I completely lack official information.

Agreed, we don't know the pacing, but considering we're already through halfway of ADWD Theon, and almost all the way there with Bran, that Jon's stabbing should happen at the end of season 5/mid season 6 at the latest. The showrunners have told us they don't want to go longer than 8 seasons. Having Jon get stabbed at the end of season 8 with that kind of pacing probably puts the show at around 12-13 seasons, and by that time they'll have to start shaving Bran between camera takes,

The most interesting part of that article was Jamie and Cersei getting an option for staying on for season 7, as well as Margaery Tyrell.

A List: Jon Snow, Tyrion, Cersei, Jamie, Daenerys

B List: Margaery Tyrell, Arya, Sansa

Arya and Sansa would be paid more if they were older. With both Margaery and Cersei getting options for season 7 the Marg/Cersei storyline will either be extended in the show, not end in Marg's death, or they're teasing us and won't need the option.

The most interesting part of that article was Jamie and Cersei getting an option for staying on for season 7, as well as Margaery Tyrell.

A List: Jon Snow, Tyrion, Cersei, Jamie, Daenerys

B List: Margaery Tyrell, Arya, Sansa

Arya and Sansa would be paid more if they were older. With both Margaery and Cersei getting options for season 7 the Marg/Cersei storyline will either be extended in the show, not end in Marg's death, or they're teasing us and won't need the option.

^Good find.

If S6 begins the winds of winter, Cersei and Marg might die, but we know Jon is coming back for S7, it seems like this article did nothing short of confirm Jon's continued "survival"

as far as i know theyre planning on doing 7 seasons at the moment. season 5 will likely start deviating a lot from the books and might cover all the published material that they want to incorporate.

we dont really know just how much grrm has told the writers but he has told them the ending and major plot points so they can still reach the same end result. the means to that end is likely going to be very different but they dont have much of an option. martins publisher and hbo have been pressuring him to finish up twow but he keeps saying he has no deadline and the book will be done when its done. hes either trolling us all or hes dead serious, which means the show might wrap up before we even get twow.

if youre a walking dead fan you can expect game of thrones to take the same approach from here on out. itll use the books as a baseline but the show will be its own entity.

Getting the option does not mean they will be on the show till season 7. It's not like they're paying them in advance for season 7 or anything. It means nothing in terms of spoilers.

I think Jon will continue existing in the story after the attempt on his life at the end of ADWD, but I think that based on the books.

Archived