Westeros Battle Tournament 6

Bright Blue Eyes

Ok, we won't get the full eight players. Just four. Let's work with that.

Stannis Eats No Peaches

Dead as Ned

Tyshrek Lannister all want to play

Capt Captain

Leonardo

Dobromir would prefer to judge, but would play as well. Please work out who of you takes the fourth spot while the other two judge.

Frey Pie would jump in to fill the numbers, but prefers to sit this one out.

I have preferred armies from SENP and DAN, Tyshrek and whoever takes the fourth spot, please send me your list as well.

Well, like I said, I would be really grateful if I can judge in my first game. It will be a great learning experience for me, however, if it is necessary to be a player, I will.

(Only if someone can give me a PM to assist me a bit. Like the Host for example, because I will need a bit of explanation, if the things I consider to be true, are actually true.)

Ok, everything is settled, we can start.

Capt Captain and Dobromir help me judge.

Sides:

Random number: 906.

Leonardo 820 Crownlands

Stannis Eats No Peaches 680 Reach

Tyshrek_Lannister 666 Dorne

Dead As Ned 421 Vale

The first battle will be in the Kingswood, I rolled two and four. SENP and DAN will duke it out.

The second battle will be at Oldstones, Leonardo against Tyshrek_Lannister.

Semi Final One - The Reach (SENP) vs The Vale (DAN)

Battlefield - Kingswood (Stormlands)

http://imgur.com/sPXohLh

The battlefield is a small village upon the Roseroad. A small stream has washed out a flat valley in the Kingswood. After the Roseroad was built trough it, that valley saw more traffic and after the First Blackfyre Rebellion, some families settled here and cleared out the forest. Now their peace will be disturbed.

The Roseroad is marked in brown. The stream, marked in blue, is rather small and not deep, but it's slopes are steep. A rider could jump across in 9 out of 10 tries and humans can of course climb the slopes without too much trouble, provided they can put a hand on the ground. Two rickety bridges (brown) cross it, being primarily intended for the local cows.

The farms are marked in red. Each square represents not just the farmhouse, but the entire complex including barn, vegetable patch, haystacks, apple trees, midden heap etc.

The fields are marked in yellow and are separed by thick hedges (~5 m, dark green) serving as windshields and to keep the cows out.

The valley floor itself is pasture (green).

The valley slopes are still forested (dark green).

The neutral zone is marked in black.

There is currently a veritable storm, blowing east to west, but at least it's dry.

The Reach approaches from the north. The Vale, having circumnavigated the Reach, approaches from the south.

Semi Final Two - The Crownlands (Leo) vs Dorne (Tyshrek)

Battlefield - Oldstones (Riverlands)

http://imgur.com/7cs8UxY

The battlefield lies below the ruins of the castle of Tristifer Mudd, the Hammer of Justice, close to the Blue Fork of the Trident.

It's mostly open terrain. Only the old ringfort on it's high hill provides some tactical options, rising about 200 m above the grassy plain. The lowest part of the hill is steep and forested (dark green). The upper parts are even steeper, too steep for trees (dark yellow), featuring lichen, moss, the odd bush and bare stone.

The top is almost flat, with the sorry remnants of the curtain wall being chest-high at best (grey). Only around the ancient gatehouse do some ruins still remain (the thick grey line).

The top is overgrown with weeds, except for the godswood in the middle.

The old road (brown) is overgrown, but still passable even for horses.

The eastern bench of the Blue Fork is inaccessible.

Currently, heaven has opened it's floodgates. Heavy rain, but no wind.

The Crownlands approach from the north, Dorne from the south.

Why do I always get the worst draw? (and the f**king Vale again no less!). I'm going to shove a peach down your throat (or perhaps Ol' Man Arryn will wonder why I'm shoving a peach down his) if it's the last thing I do!

ETA: But I love the battlefield. All kinds of nastiness to get up to there...

Battlefield - Kingswood (Stormlands)

http://imgur.com/sPXohLh

The battlefield is a small village upon the Roseroad. A small stream has washed out a flat valley in the Kingswood. After the Roseroad was built trough it, that valley saw more traffic and after the First Blackfyre Rebellion, some families settled here and cleared out the forest. Now their peace will be disturbed.

The Roseroad is marked in brown. The stream, marked in blue, is rather small and not deep, but it's slopes are steep. A rider could jump across in 9 out of 10 tries and humans can of course climb the slopes without too much trouble, provided they can put a hand on the ground. Two rickety bridges (brown) cross it, being primarily intended for the local cows.

The farms are marked in red. Each square represents not just the farmhouse, but the entire complex including barn, vegetable patch, haystacks, apple trees, midden heap etc.

The fields are marked in yellow and are separed by thick hedges (~5 m, dark green) serving as windshields and to keep the cows out.

The valley floor itself is pasture (green).

The valley slopes are still forested (dark green).

There is currently a veritable storm, blowing east to west, but at least it's dry.

The Reach approaches from the north. The Vale, having circumnavigated the Reach, approaches from the south.

Deployment of the Reach:

General: Loras Tyrell

On the western side of the battlefield, in the middle between the stream and the western slopes, deployed right up against the edge of the neutral zone. Tried describing it, but screw it:

cavalry cavalry

half command unit + half cavalry unit half command unit + half cavalry unit

pikemen pikemen pikemen pikemen

infantry Second Sons infantry

Some scouts claim that Ser Loras is leading the western cavalry flank, others swear that they have seen him in the east.

Deployment of the Vale:

General: Bronze Yohn Royce.

The farm buildings south of the neutral zone are filled to bursting with infantry, archers and cavalry. The cavalry has dismounted and helps the infantry to prepare last-minute defenses between the buildings while the archers go into position on the roof and behind the windows. Smoke is rising above the buildings.

The scouts claim that the Vale may be able to fit 2-3,000 men and about 500 horses into and between these buildings.

Archived