Does Aegon have the Stormlands?

Seaworth'sShipmate

Does Aegon effectivly control the Stormlands now? It seems tough to see a scenario (plot armor not withstanding) where the Storm lords could hold him off.

I think he has Griffins Roost, the Morrigan stronghold, and (probably?) has Storm's End now.

I think the StormLords are taxed from supporting Stannis at Blackwater, and their soldiers and horses would probably scatter at the sight of elephants. Thoughts?

I think it can happen that Edric Storm went to Storm's End and there will be no battle. The soldiers who hold Storm's End will swore their swords to Edric, and will say to Aegon that if he gives the Stormlands to Edric and legitimize him as a Baratheon then the stormlanders join him too. Aegon the Conqueror made war with a Baratheon on his side, now there is one for young Aegon too (even if he's not a Targaryen).

PS: I just realized that Aegon is older than Dany :D

I think it can happen that Edric Storm went to Storm's End and there will be no battle. The soldiers who hold Storm's End will swore their swords to Edric, and will say to Aegon that if he gives the Stormlands to Edric and legitimize him as a Baratheon then the stormlanders join him too. Aegon the Conqueror made war with a Baratheon on his side, now there is one for young Aegon too (even if he's not a Targaryen).

PS: I just realized that Aegon is older than Dany :D

Only about by a year or two though, if he is the real deal

Aegon, Jon and the GC have taken a lot of castles already, including Tarth, Davos' home and yes, Storm's End. According to Arianne's informers, it was bloody. They have also taken prisoners. So, yeah, they kinda control the Stormlands. OTOH, Jon mentions having friends there, those who might remember him, Rhaegar and support his son: it's not longer a secret that Aegon is a Targaryen. So, probably some of them might join by their own will.

I can't wait for Cersei's reaction.

Probably more great fear than rage. She probably knows that the people will love the young, dashing Targaryen more than her. That might be a significant factor in her fleeing to Casterly Rock with Tommen. The Tyrells are unreliable, and most of the Lannister soldiers are in the Riverlands. She'd be paranoid about a repeat of Elia of Dorne most likely.

Kinda off topic, but why was that from the first book on, it was mostly Lannister banner men, and Lannister soldiers in the capital who served King Robert? You'd think there be an equal number of Baratheon soldiers and Storm Lords running things, similar to the Tyrells, but there is almost no one at all. Maybe cuz Cersei beat Robert to the punch of nominating/ appointing people, and Robert didn't really care.

Further, why is Cersei never called or referred to as "Cersei Baratheon?" at all? Catelyn is called Catelyn "Stark" and Catelyn "Tully" almost interchangeably.

Aegon, Jon and the GC have taken a lot of castles already, including Tarth, Davos' home and yes, Storm's End. According to Arianne's informers, it was bloody. They have also taken prisoners. So, yeah, they kinda control the Stormlands. OTOH, Jon mentions having friends there, those who might remember him, Rhaegar and support his son: it's not longer a secret that Aegon is a Targaryen. So, probably some of them might join by their own will.

Didn't the GC also capture Eastermont's seat too?

Yep. So far, they got

Greenstone (Estermont)

Griffin's Roost

Rain House

Crow's Nest

Mistwood

Tarth

That looks like half of the Stormlands. Tarth Estermont means they can blockade the Narrow Sea,preventing naval invasion of Sl. Is that the reason of delay in Redwyne fleet's arrival at Oldtown? Maybe they are harassing the ships of fleet, forcing them into naval skirmishes.

Its going to be interesting to see the interplay, if any at all, between the various teens that are now seen as heads of their house. Im talking the Edric and Edric (Storm and Dayne). Although Edric storm is most certainly not the heir of Storms End, he might well be regarded as such by the rest of the castle that saw him raised there, in the very image of his acknowledged father, Big Bob. His whereabouts are currently unknown, but since we have him heading to the Free Cities since being set free by Davos, its plausible Illyrio got wind of this and is making a play for his loyalty for Aegon.

Edric Dayne is also currently whereabouts unknown, but is the acknowledged Lord of Starfalll (although not the the named Sword of the Morning). If there is something to Thoros' actual ability to see visions in the flames, he might be heading either back to Starfall to regroup, or to the Stormlands to ally himself with the new Dragon. He would be of additional interest, because he has a tie to Blackhaven as well through his aunt's late husband, Beric Dondarrion. It could very well be he was headed to her at Blackhaven anyway, which would put him on a collision path with Aegon regardless of any visions by Thoros.

Archived