When You Play The Game of Horns, You Blow or You Get Blown.

Daendrew

Get someone else to blow your horn and the sound will carry twice as far.

-Will Rogers.

Dragons come from their opposites.

From petrified stone eggs came fire dragons. From a pool of water come ice dragons. And from The Wall of ice comes the sea dragon.

The article below has many links, all going out to my blog, the wiki, other blogs. The Endgame of Thrones series is huge and sprawling and previous thoughts and posts build up to others.

The Horn of Winter.

The Horn of Winter is not the same as the Horn of Joramun. But they are both dragon horns. They bind/herald two completely different dragons.

I believe the horn of Joramun and the horn of Winter are purposefully mixed up in our minds by GRRM, but not only different horns, but they will be polar opposites and/or enemies by the end of the series but not initially. Why will be explained in a future post.

The Horn of Winter is the horn that binds or helps wake the ice dragon in the black pool of Winterfell. Winter the ice dragon is massive. Winter is coming. And you guessed it... Winter is coming.

Less likely the horn being involved with Winter the ice dragon or activity/demolishing of The Wall is perhaps that the horn Mance found may bind the undread dragons that could include Ghost Grey Ghost, Sheepstealer and the Cannibal. Jon’s soul may somehow go from the direwolf Ghost into the dragon Grey Ghost.

The consistently brilliant Bran Vras has a, well you guessed it, brilliant essay on how that happened here. His blog The Winterfell Huis Clos is very insightful blog and one of the best things I have read when I started researching beyond just the source material years ago. This helped get me to see the context between GRRM's lines.

Horn of Joramun

The Horn of Joramun is both the Hellhorn and Dragonhorn, but in that order. It is a Hellhorn because it will usher in the Long Night and Dragonhorn because it binds a single purple eyed dragon to team Euron. Daenerys Targaryen, The Unburnt.

Euron’s horn is the Horn of Joramun in more detail in the Hammerhorn of The Waters article. Daenerys The Unburnt will sound it to probably have the Red Comet turn into a red meteor and crash into the moon (the purpose of Moonsingers I believe) (the red comet crashing into the moon HT: Lucifer means Lightbringer… please send all apocolypse hate mail to him) and I expect from the moon crash a thousand, thousand pieces of moon chunks flying fowards the planet looking like countless dragons of flame, many of them colossal come crashing down. By losing a good part of the moon or tilting its axis and movement, even without it causing direct devastation on Planetos like massive plumes of smoke that block out the sun… it would change the tides and may cause flooding in and of itself may cause flooding in turn melt the Wall and release what is inside. Something terrible. Worse than any monster we have seen.

GRRM gives us hint after hint of a dragon inside The Wall:

The ice pressed close around them, and he could feel the cold seeping into his bones, the weight of the Wall above his head. It felt like walking down the gullet of an ice dragon.
A Storm of Swords – Jon VIII

The snowfall was light today, a thin scattering of flakes dancing in the air, but the wind was blowing from the east along the Wall, cold as the breath of the ice dragon in the tales Old Nan used to tell.
-A Dance with Dragons – Jon X

But of all the mentions of dragons inside The Wall, only two quotes told something closer to the truth.

A sudden gust of wind set Edd’s cloak to flapping noisily. “Best go down, m’lord. This wind’s like to push us off the Wall, and I never did learn the knack of flying.

They rode the winch lift back to the ground. The wind was gusting, cold as the breath of the ice dragon in the tales Old Nan had told when Jon was a boy.

-A Dance with Dragons – Jon VII

The road beneath the Wall was as dark and cold as the belly of an ice dragon and as twisty as a serpent.

-A Dance with Dragons – Jon VIII

Listen to Dolorous Edd. He knows what he is joking about. It is a dragon that didn’t learn the knack of flying. There is a dragon in the Wall right, a flightless and twisty serpent. In The Wall is a…

Seadragon… that is iced.

Not an ice dragon. The main largest ice dragon is in the black pool of Winterfell. At least two more ice dragons are inside Bloodraven’s treecave.

Joramun is a gigantic sea serpent. it is bigger than anything you can imagine. It may be shaped in a circle with the head by the tail going the entire length of The Wall twice. Stormking Gendry, Son of Thor will defeat it with his fathers warhammer. Stannis will legitimize him before his death. All the mentions of gusts of wind are because Joramun’s enemy is the Stormgod. Gendry will probably summon lightning with his hammer like Thor did. but Joramun the summons winds and water.

It is said that, every seventy-seven years, a storm greater than all others comes howling down upon Storm’s End, as the old gods of sea and sky try once more to blow Durran’s seat into the sea.

-The World of Ice and Fire – The Stormlands: Storm’s End

I am not sure what a seadragon’s “fire” would be. I predict gusts of wind and (sea) water as mentioned above. We have fire and ice dragons. Wind and water dragons. make a good bridge.

It’s name stems from Jörmungandr. Joramun the sea dragon/serpent is frozen inside The Wall. That is why a wall of ice stops people of ice. It is not the ice, it is what is inside of it but Joramun with the power of the Deep Ones within it. The Deep Ones are the enemy of The Others, but they won’t be in the beginning of the story. I will explain in the following two future essays coming out soon:

1) Drowned In Heresy: The Ironborn Have The One True Faith. The Others Are All Hodor.

2) The Iron Price of Freedom: Theon The Redeemed, King Theon The Redeemer.

A forum member joked that “the Others are Dothraki”, which is both funny and true. It is more true than I think he knew. Drowned in Heresy will explain why.Big surprises are coming for us. The Grey Wedding I write about in The Iron Price of Freedom will be even more shocking than the Red Wedding.

But suffice to say fire is not the only way to melt ice. So can water.

By the end of the series, “water” will have melted more “ice” than “fire” ever did. Both Theon, Samwell as well as Jaime will be the biggest heroes of all. But Theon and Sam will be the most influential heroes. (Roose Bolton may even surprise us too)

The Horn That Wakes The Sleepers

“I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”

-Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, 1970 film Tora! Tora! Tora!

We touched on the importance of The Horn That Wakes The Sleepers in The Secret Second Wall Revealed. This is Sam’s horn.

Thanks to Sam’s horn, the instructions from the runes of House Royce and Lord Commander Brynden Blackfish they It wakes the sleeping giant in The Vale, the highest place in Westeros, that will be the last bastion of human life after the Wall has come down and the tsunamis and complete devastation after the Hammerhorn of The Waters with Deep Ones, Others and Joramun invading.

The Vale is where humanity regroups and begins to fight back. Brynden mentioned himself being the black goat of the Tully’s, I think he will sacrifice himself as a hero in this defense. Robin Arryn mentions giant and dolls very often for that not to have a meaning, Robin Arryn may surprise us all and live to skinchange the giant…. or…. more likely I believe Robin Arryn will be killed and his spirit skinchanges into the wyverns or giants. If Petyr Baelish kills little sweet Robin Arryn, he may be the one to wake the sleeping giant. Robin is a powerful dreamer, he hears Marillion singing even after the is dead.

We have not been introduced to a giant, giant yet. Not The Great Mountain Giants. You ain’t seen nothing yet. Wun Wun will be a toddler compared to him. THAT giant is the last of the giants from the songs… the last of the fire giants to battle the ice giants coming from beyond The Wall and introduced in TWOIAF.

The fire may be literal or it may be figurative like the fire in our blood compared to the Others, like I talked about how Nymerias giant wolfpack will fight the ice spiders that are as “large as hounds.” Alternatively it may also be made of stone that burns. The Fire Giant lives at the bottom of “the moon”, below the moon door and Arryns have been offering him blood sacrifice through that door for ages. Lots of other “fire beings” may come from there such as the Arryn wyverns of their sigil (it is not a hawk) or perhaps dragons and other magical things.

The Last of The Giants

Ooooooh, I am the last of the giants,

my people are gone from the earth.

The last of the great mountain giants,

who ruled all the world at my birth.

Oh the smallfolk have stolen my forests,

they’ve stolen my rivers and hills.

And the’ve built a great wall through my valleys,

and fished all the fish from my rills.

In stone halls they burn their great fires,

in stone halls they forge their sharp spears.

Whilst I walk alone in the mountains,

with no true companion but tears.

They hunt me with dogs in the daylight,

they hunt me with torches by night.

For these men who are small can never stand tall,

whilst giants still walk in the light.

Oooooooh, I am the LAST of the giants,

so learn well the words of my song.

For when I am gone the singing will fade,

and the silence shall last long and long

The giant is a great mountain giant, they mention fire and that it is the last of them. When it is gone the silence will last long and long. We will all die because there will be nothing to stand up to the ice giants.

Another post coming explores The Vale and how our introduction to what it means to follow the Old Gods is completely distorted. You know nothing Northmen.

We have lost the greensight of the the forest for the trees.

Their gods were the gods of the forest, stream, and stone, the old gods whose names are secret. Their wise men were called greenseers, and carved strange faces in the weirwoods to keep watch on the woods. How long the children reigned here or where they came from, no man can know.

-A Game of Thrones – Bran VII

All of our focus on what worshiping weirwood trees, certainly weirwood trees are of the forest, even if we do not explore what forest vs tree means to following Old Gods, they are the gods of stream and stone too. We know zero about that.

Why do I mention this after speaking of The Vale? This is the place with some of the oldest, proudest First Men families that worship the Old Gods… and not a single weirwood is to be found in all the Vale.

We know nothing bookreaders.

It's the first time i don't see Daen Targaryen mentioning the word "IceBrandon"...

IceBranVras... is coming.

He only didn't write that it is the horn of Winter the ice dragon because he is in the pocket of Big Brandon.

Update: you know what's hysterical. that it is only missing because the paragraph got deleted by accident. LOL. The Horn of Winter is for Winter the ice dragon.

What? Nothing you said makes any sense. None of your evidence points at anything.

But of all the mentions of dragons inside The Wall, only two quotes told something closer to the truth.

A sudden gust of wind set Edd’s cloak to flapping noisily. “Best go down, m’lord. This wind’s like to push us off the Wall, and I never did learn the knack of flying.

They rode the winch lift back to the ground. The wind was gusting, cold as the breath of the ice dragon in the tales Old Nan had told when Jon was a boy.
A Dance with Dragons – Jon VII

The road beneath the Wall was as dark and cold as the belly of an ice dragon and as twisty as a serpent.

Listen to Dolorous Edd. He knows what he is joking about. It is a dragon that didn’t learn the knack of flying. There is a dragon in the Wall right, a flightless and twisty serpent. In The Wall is…

A Seadragon… that is iced.

None of that indicates a dragon hidden in the wall.
The series is 70% done and all of a sudden GRRM is going to completely change how this story has been written to include dragons of fire, ice, water and wind and some kid calling down lightning with a hammer?
Sorry, but no.

What? Nothing you said makes any sense. None of your evidence points at anything.

A Dance with Dragons – Jon VII

Listen to Dolorous Edd. He knows what he is joking about. It is a dragon that didn’t learn the knack of flying. There is a dragon in the Wall right, a flightless and twisty serpent. In The Wall is…

A Seadragon… that is iced.

None of that indicates a dragon hidden in the wall.
The series is 70% done and all of a sudden GRRM is going to completely change how this story has been written to include dragons of fire, ice, water and wind and some kid calling down lightning with a hammer?
Sorry, but no.

It all sounds crazy unless you understand the major source material and how he customizes it and crafts his own story that is influenced by that.

What am I doing in the 25th century?

Buck Rogers

Another Megaquote coming soon

Some more quotes relevant to secret dragons and as-yet-unrevealed kinds of magic in the ASoIaF universe:

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

- Fred Rogers

You've got to known when to hold them. Know when to fold them.

- Kenny Rogers

Part of the joy of dancing is conversation. Trouble is, some men can't talk and dance at the same time.

- Ginger Rogers

Skritch-a-skritch-scratch-skritcha-skritcha-skritcha.

- Norman "Terminator X" Rogers

Hawaii, where Japan goes to play golf.

- Roger the Alien

This last one is particularly significant given what we know about Brandon the Shipwright being a quarter elemental and a fifth weredragon.

Some more quotes relevant to secret dragons and as-yet-unrevealed kinds of magic in the ASoIaF universe:

- Fred Rogers

- Kenny Rogers

Part of the joy of dancing is conversation. Trouble is, some men can't talk and dance at the same time.

- Ginger Rogers

- Roger the Alien

This last one is particularly significant given what we know about Brandon the Shipwright being a quarter elemental and a fifth weredragon.

lmao

- Fred Rogers

- Kenny Rogers

- Ginger Rogers

- Roger the Alien

You missed a golden opportunity for a Kenny Rogers Roasters line.

- Fred Rogers

- Kenny Rogers

- Ginger Rogers

- Roger the Alien

The hills are alive with the song of ice and fire

Hammerstein and Rogers

another megaquote on it`s way soon

The hills are alive with the song of ice and fire

Hammerstein and Rogers

another megaquote on it`s way soon

This week. You won't have to wait long. You will eat your words and become Ser Brandon The Bedwetter of The Yellowater. It is known.

And it is Hammerhorn and Rogers.

Damnit!

OK, let's all pretend I hopped in a time machine and went back in time and didn't forget it, so I seem cleverer than I am. :)

You can click the edit button. I won't report it.

Archived