Its Official

Seaworth'sShipmate

He is definitely alive. An early in the episode off camera death for a major character? If they really were going to kill him, they would've pushed it back to later in the episode, maybe have Brienne stumble upon him at night, and then we'd see some sort of confirmation that he was dead i.e. blood splattering from behind the tree or whatever (and some epic music as well).

He is definitely alive. An early in the episode off camera death for a major character? If they really were going to kill him, they would've pushed it back to later in the episode, maybe have Brienne stumble upon him at night, and then we'd see some sort of confirmation that he was dead i.e. blood splattering from behind the tree or whatever (and some epic music as well).

I am leaning more and more in the direction of you and others that say he is alive. His status though as a man, contender for the Iron Throne etc. is, if he is alive, has probably changed forever. Atleast we should think so. His status as of now in the book and sample chapter are ambiguous so why can it not be in this season's offseason too?

I am leaning more and more in the direction of you and others that say he is alive. His status though as a man, contender for the Iron Throne etc. is, if he is alive, has probably changed forever. Atleast we should think so. His status as of now in the book and sample chapter are ambiguous so why can it not be in this season's offseason too?

Yeah I just wonder if they'll be able to hide Stephen Dillane for all of his shooting. They've made no attempt to hide Kit Harrington as he's already been spotted flying commercially into Belfast, but maybe that was because it's still conceivable that they might need him to play his own dead body (like Tywin last year). 

Yeah, I mean, since the season picks up in the exact moments right after this one end, it would be a shocking moment right out of the block if Brienne spared him or was taken prisoner by other Stannis survivors and perhaps the only one as Jon is gone (atleast Temp) we saw that, Sansa and Theon are gonna make it, pretty sure but They say that they did not show Stannis as it being too "gratuitous". Not buying it. There are no nudity contracts for actors and actresses on this show but I know of no such - no - gratuitous death scene contracts. Unless we see it, not buying it.

FYI - I did not see Syrio's head on a spike on the walls with Ned and Sansa's Septa as it should have been if he died, so, I will leave a 1% chance his is still alive too, just saying.

Yeah, I mean, since the season picks up in the exact moments right after this one end, it would be a shocking moment right out of the block and perhaps the only one as Jon is gone (atleast Temp) we saw that, Sansa and Theon are gonna make it, pretty sure but They say that they did not show Stannis as it being too "gratuitous". Not buying it. There are no nudity contracts for actors and actresses on this show but I know of no such - no - gratuitous death scene contracts. Unless we see it, not buying it.

FYI - I did not see Syrio's head on a spike on the walls with Ned and Sansa's Septa as it should have been if he died, so, I will leave a 1% chance his is still alive too, just saying.

If Syrio was at the hobw I mightve liked that just go full fanfiction d&d why not.

George R.R. Martin does the DVD commentary for that episode in season 1. Absolute silence from him at the end of the sequence when Syrio tells Arya to leave and then she does.

If Syrio was at the hobw I mightve liked that just go full fanfiction d&d why not.

I think it would've been almost too convenient if he reunited with Arya at the House of Black and White. Be cool if he pops up randomly somewhere in Westeros to save the day when one of our favorite characters is in trouble.

Yeah I just wonder if they'll be able to hide Stephen Dillane for all of his shooting. They've made no attempt to hide Kit Harrington as he's already been spotted flying commercially into Belfast, but maybe that was because it's still conceivable that they might need him to play his own dead body (like Tywin last year). 

It will definitely be easier to hide dillane's shooting, because the guy is way more private than Kit and the media isn't really out looking for him.

Arya's story is not over yet. Maybe oversight, maybe nothing at all but one would think, he put up more of fight with a wooden training sword then apparently what was left of Ned's fully armed men. Meaning, putting his head on a spike to show Sansa, "here is your sister's dancing teacher".

I think it would've been almost too convenient if he reunited with Arya at the House of Black and White. Be cool if he pops up randomly somewhere in Westeros to save the day when one of our favorite characters is in trouble.

I'd have took a scene with Arya being harassed and Syrio is a bodyguard of sombody and says his are you men or digs line to threaten a child they run knowing who he is then they trade dialogue. Arya was a case if staying close to the books was a mistake imo.

HBO has some artwork, absolutely gorgeous illustrations, that depict the major scene or event for that episode. For the finale it depicted Stannis' death, but not Jon's, which is interesting. I wish I could find the link and I'll come back to edit if I do - if for nothing else they really are impressive.
Stannis is dead but it isn't just the artwork that convinces me but I won't go into all this here. I just posted this as you were looking for clues.

Edit: I found the link! This should go directly to the one for Stannis
http://beautifuldeath.com

HBO has some artwork, absolutely gorgeous illustrations, that depict the major scene or event for that episode. For the finale it depicted Stannis' death, but not Jon's, which is interesting. I wish I could find the link and I'll come back to edit if I do - if for nothing else they really are impressive.

Stannis is dead but it isn't just the artwork that convinces me but I won't go into all this here. I just posted this as you were looking for clues.

I guess anything that keeps us guessing in the long offseason is good for the series, keeps the discussion and interest in it for the 9 1/2 months until next year.

As far as Stannis "looking past" Brienne goes I think that's ment to imply that the his thinking at that moment is beyond her, as in he's not concerned with worming his way out of his immediate danger but rather taking stock of everything he's done and his current situation and then choosing not to say anything to try and stop her.

Brienne being knocked on the back of the head at the last moment would just be too cheap for me plus wouldn't even make sense given that we see her swing oathkeeper. The only thing that would make sense for me is if she swings it into the tree next to him after deciding not to kill him.

With the story on the show there would IMHO be nothing wrong with him being dead but equally I can see a good deal of potential for keeping him alive. I can't say I'm looking forward to Brienne/Pod/Sansa/Theon as a potential group, maybe the former might have some tension with the latter but if Sansa has forgiven him then surely she would take that lead? my guess is though that they never meet up due to Brienne leaving her post to go after Stannis. Brienne/Pod/Stannis on the other hand seems a lot more interesting given that the former and latter are very similar in some ways and very different in others plus of course Pod's experience at the Blackwater.

As has been mentioned he'd surely need to be at least a somewhat changed man to carry on past that point, it would be interesting to see him develop as someone opposed to all the supernatural prophecy that's cost him so much for no gain(for him or anyone). If the idea that both the Lord of Light and the great Other are more elemental forces rather than "good/evil" then it makes sense that there would be characters opposed to both.

I like the site. And even bookmarked it.

Yeah I've followed this series and it's very cool, I usually check in each week during the season to see his new artwork. However, this is just some independent artist HBO has hired to do an art piece of a death that occurs in each episode. It's not going to provide any evidence as to whether Stannis is alive or not. I mean David Nutter said he's dead so if we were going by what HBO said, it would be case closed already. 

Yeah I've followed this series and it's very cool, I usually check in each week during the season to see his new artwork. However, this is just some independent artist HBO has hired to do an art piece of a death that occurs in each episode. It's not going to provide any evidence as to whether Stannis is alive or not. I mean David Nutter said he's dead so if we were going by what HBO said, it would be case closed already. 

I to think stans dead but they also said Jon I'd dead about 50 times and that's bs

Archived