Mafia Game 78 - Tales of the Malazan Book of the Fallen

House Targaryen

I reread Dassem. Still don't have substantial feelings on him one way or another. Lynching him is fine by me, better him than Silchas IMO. That said, the 10 people who are reading right now: Who would be open to changing their vote to Yedan?

Kal,

Given that 6 of 18 players are voting for you and we have 3 FM, the maths alone suggest you are probably correct.

78.6% actually assuming FM and innocents are equally likely to be voting for Silchas. (More now that we're up to 7, but I'm too lazy to redo calc).

Troll,

How many people here are willing to switch to Dassem? Anyone get any 'good vibes' from him?

Sure, whatever, I'm game.

Fids,

I don't get any vibes from him. Let me reread and get back to you. Would you be willing to switch to Yedan?

Yedan fine too. Why don't the Yedan and Dassem people consolidate on a choice so that there's a real second candidate and all the day 1 blabbers can blab blab blab about it and pump themselves up to bold something. And then we can finally get the show on the road. I don't want to switch to one or the other just to have everything fizzle and we end up going to night without a lynch because that would make me angry. :devil:

Troll,

How long has Apsalar been gone? Has to be close to a modkill at this point.

Rules say no modkills day 1.

I'm back.

How many people are online right now?

I'd still rather vote Silchas than Yeden right now. Yeden just seems like a generic weak newbie right now, and his vote on Silchas was poorly reasoned but not particularly scummy. Ughhhh. I just really hate that this lynch is coming down to everyone following the crowd.

Fuck, I'm really sleep-deprived right now. I have to make a last-ditch case on Dassem. :crying: I hate how I'm always away all day and then scrambling at the deadline to post.

Also, Tehol's last post wins a 4/10 for effort.

I'd still be willing to lynch Eggs Beddict as well. Just reread him and that last post where he votes Silchas really is the only one with meaningful content. I'm always a little wary of people who overly complain about the difficulties they're having catching up. Though I do like the point he made about the FM not developing master plans...

I'm back.

How many people are online right now?

I'd still rather vote Silchas than Yeden right now. Yeden just seems like a generic weak newbie right now, and his vote on Silchas was poorly reasoned but not particularly scummy. Ughhhh. I just really hate that this lynch is coming down to everyone following the crowd.

Fuck, I'm really sleep-deprived right now. I have to make a last-ditch case on Dassem. :crying: I hate how I'm always away all day and then scrambling at the deadline to post.

Also, Tehol's last post wins a 4/10 for effort.

Baa baa black sheep me and vote Sandalath? That'd be 3 votes.

Some reads:

Innocent:

Trull

Aspalar

KARSA

Fiddler

Vaguely innocent looking:

Onos*

Toc

DIE DIE DIE:

Anomander

Sandalath

Kalam*

* denotes me not remembering why these reads are what they are but I trust myself to be accurate.

QB still gives me some slightly bad feelings based on stuff earlier but the forecast improved a little bit at least so I'm content.

Some reads:

Innocent:

Trull

Aspalar

KARSA

Fiddler

Vaguely innocent looking:

Onos*

Toc

DIE DIE DIE:

Anomander

Sandalath

Kalam*

* denotes me not remembering why these reads are what they are but I trust myself to be accurate.

QB still gives me some slightly bad feelings based on stuff earlier but the forecast improved a little bit at least so I'm content.

You make me wanna die just so I can say "ha ha mother fucker, look how wrong you are"

Gruntle: But...but...Sandalaths's voting for Dassem! Goddamn it, where were you when he was my top suspect? And I agree that his Karsa case sucked, but at least he started scumhunting today after the joke vote fiasco, and I still need to reread D1...

AAAAAAAAAH!

For the record, I would prefer lynching Tehol to Silchas, but are there even nine people online for that?

Okay, I kind of explained this in my rushed phone post today, but reasons why I think Dassem is scum:

1)

Players I am leaning towards Inno and would not want to lynch today:

Fiddler - didn't respond well to pressure but seemed genuine

Karsa - I find him entertaining and want to see what he'll do next.

2)

Players I have no real read on yet and would be willing to lynch. None has made any notable contribution (yes I know this would include me) My prefernce would be to lynch one of these as I think they would be the least useful for later analysis :

Rake, Apsalar, Gruntle, Tehol, Toc, Yedan.

Let's break this down:

-Not only is his list of people who haven't made a substantial contribution ridiculous, as noted before, but...

-his preference is to lynch a player from this pool. But then he votes for Silchas, who ISN'T in that pool (but has the most votes).

3)

Players that have posted alot and I would be willing to lynch:

Icarium - has posted nothing memorable in my first read-through.

Kalam - Early on felt like forced, then I felt better, but most recent posts make him lynchable

Onos - I like his bloodthirsty attitude but I feel like it is a bit too casual.

Quick Ben - Nothing really beyond bad vibes at this point.

Sichas Ruin - Not helping himself. I want to re-read the arguments

Trull - my impression is he's just flailing in all directions. Probably means innocent.

Sandalath Drukorlat - I don't really have a positive or negative reaction so far.

Not only is this a load of wishy-washy nonsense (for example, he says he'd be willing to lynch Trull...except he thinks Trull is innocent?), but his read on Silchas is "not helping himself." And then says he'll reread the arguments.

Then what comes next?

HE FUCKING VOTES SILCHAS IN THE SAME POST! FOR THE "INFORMATION"!

No one see a problem with this? No one at all?

Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong, but did he ever actually reread "the arguments" after voting for the leading wagon?

I think that one post is more suspicious than all of Silchas' posts combined. I'd rather vote someone for blatantly not believing in a word he's saying than for "overdefensiveness" or to "get a read."

Edit: Forgot to finish a few of my sentences.

I'm not going to back out here, but the fact that Dessem isn't being defended at all has me a little concerned...

That was my problem with Silchas. No one pushed another case all day as the votes added up.

I think it will be an innocent lynch today. :(

Archived