Completely disappointed, can't go on

Whataletdown

That is stretching the truth. Her antagonism towards bastards is limited to Jon Snow, and this is only because he is a constant reminder of Ned's infidelity to her.

If anything, she is one of the few noble people who generally treats her servants and subordinates with respect.

Yet, she's one of the most hated characters in the series, it seems....

• 3 weeks later...

That is stretching the truth. Her antagonism towards bastards is limited to Jon Snow, and this is only because he is a constant reminder of Ned's infidelity to her.

If anything, she is one of the few noble people who generally treats her servants and subordinates with respect.

Unless they happen to be ugly dwarfs that is. :D

Yeah... got to the Red Wedding part!

iI's really intense! And depressing. I totally get your disappointment. I can take all of the terrible things that are happening to the Starks, but I wish there was a bit more balance... I wish the Lannisters were getting their share of unhappiness too!

Anyway, it's a long series, and I'm not even half-way through... I guess the Red Wedding only shows me that the series is not about the Starks, after all! And I'm still curious to find out what's it about.

But if it continues to get me depressed about the world and life... well I guess I have enough reality around me! Don't need to have much more coming from books that are supposed to entertain me!

I just read the Red Wedding part last night and was totally shocked. I did not see that one coming! None of my friends are reading this book so I have no one to talk to about it, but I'm going crazy. I feel so bad for Arya being right outside the castle and so close to seeing her mom again. I'm sad Robb died. I really liked him. That chapter was sad, but not enough to make me stop reading. After reading some of the earlier posts, I'm looking forward to the end of this book.

I hate it when one of the direwolves die. I love them. :) I keep hoping that Nymeria will find Arya. Don't tell me, though, if she does.

I just read the Red Wedding part last night and was totally shocked. I did not see that one coming! None of my friends are reading this book so I have no one to talk to about it, but I'm going crazy. I feel so bad for Arya being right outside the castle and so close to seeing her mom again. I'm sad Robb died. I really liked him. That chapter was sad, but not enough to make me stop reading. After reading some of the earlier posts, I'm looking forward to the end of this book.

I hate it when one of the direwolves die. I love them. :) I keep hoping that Nymeria will find Arya. Don't tell me, though, if she does.

I literally threw my book on the ground when I read the last sentence of the chapter, the sentence that somehow confirmed Catelyn her death. Damn. I felt so bad for her, even though she was death.

I wasn't shocked by the Red Wedding at all, it's Walder Frey we are talking about. He felt fooled when Robb married that girl, instead of girls from his family. They had an agreement, and Robb broke it. i mean, put yourself in his situation, I personally don't like to be fooled, and would pay them back somehow. Starks should have thought about that. Especially since there are so many people who want them dead.

I wasn't shocked by the Red Wedding at all, it's Walder Frey we are talking about. He felt fooled when Robb married that girl, instead of girls from his family. They had an agreement, and Robb broke it. i mean, put yourself in his situation, I personally don't like to be fooled, and would pay them back somehow. Starks should have thought about that. Especially since there are so many people who want them dead.

That's a fact. But I didn't expect George R. R. Martin to kill off two main characters in one chapter.

Archived