Why did so few people die at the Field of Fire?

total1402

Be ready?

I thought that Maesters had no magic and hadn't done so for a long time? Just from what Brans teacher tells him about studying magic. I know that it seems to be returning but that doesn't mean somebody will stumble onto D&D death spell and shoot them from the sky...surely?

Plus another Field of Fire would be epic. :drool:

Be ready?

I thought that Maesters had no magic and hadn't done so for a long time? Just from what Brans teacher tells him about studying magic. I know that it seems to be returning but that doesn't mean somebody will stumble onto D&D death spell and shoot them from the sky...surely?

The maesters hint that they helped get rid of the dragons without magic the last time, so why would they need it now? Why do you think Jaqen is at the Citadel? I think at least one of the dragons is getting warged.

Plus another Field of Fire would be epic. :drool:

Yes, nothing like a bunch of Westerosi people getting burned alive en masse by Stormbrat. What a fucking gas that would be.

Yes, nothing like a bunch of Westerosi people getting burned alive en masse by Stormbrat. What a fucking gas that would be.

If by that you mean her glorious return where she crushes all her enemies like ants then yes it would be hilarious. To see Mace Tyrells reaction after he talked down facing three dragons would just be worth it; wonder if he shits flowers?

If by that you mean her glorious return where she crushes all her enemies like ants then it would be hilarious.

Who are her enemies? She hasn't made any actual claim on Westeros, at least not to any Westerosi in Westeros. So is everyone her enemy just because they didn't send her a message that they were on her side? Is she going to burn everyone? Who will she be a queen over?

Yea, im not a dany fan, even if there is no anti dragon equipment bran will warg drogon and use him to benifit jon. At this point dany can bend the knee to jon and accept him as king, or my preference he wont force her to bend the knee but kill the dragons and be king in the north/vale/riverlands or she can die. Her whole blood of the dragon thing irks me.

If by that you mean her glorious return where she crushes all her enemies like ants then yes it would be hilarious. To see Mace Tyrells reaction after he talked down facing three dragons would just be worth it; wonder if he shits flowers?

I have a feeling that this series is going to end in terrible disappointment for you, child.

Who are her enemies? She hasn't made any actual claim on Westeros, at least not to any Westerosi in Westeros. So is everyone her enemy just because they didn't send her a message that they were on her side? Is she going to burn everyone? Who will she be a queen over?

Her enemies are whoevers not on their knees.

ps There is no evidence either way that Dany will fight the Starks who are far to the North and embroiled with the Others. She would certainly kill those in the South who opposed her. But wouldn't attack those in the North fighting for their lives against the Others. They are her people and she would help them. The Starks won't fight somebody who helps them against the Others as was shown with fire-worshipper tree hater Stannis.

You cannot resist the wargs of the north, especially in winter, when jon calls his banners 30,000 armed armored and pissed off northmen will be ready to enact vengance for the young wolf who died by treachery trying to save his father and sisters from the evil southerners. HIs half sister in the vale will join him, as will the elite remnants of his brothers army in the riverlands. And if Dany tries anything winter will get her.

I have a feeling that this series is going to end in terrible disappointment for you, child.

Well I'll be content with Dragons roasting and eating human flesh by the thousand in Essos. Besides, the purpose of the story isn't that the Starks humiliate Dany, its about beating the Others. Its deeply cynical to argue that the series will end in total failure for one of the main protagonists.

You cannot resist the wargs of the north, especially in winter, when jon calls his banners 30,000 armed armored and pissed off northmen will be ready to enact vengance for the young wolf who died by treachery trying to save his father and sisters from the evil southerners. HIs half sister in the vale will join him, as will the elite remnants of his brothers army in the riverlands. And if Dany tries anything winter will get her.

Why would they march against Dany? They want vengence on Frey and Lannister. They couldn't care less whether Aegon or Dany seats the throne. Indeed we don't know if Aegon plans to make allies with the Starks or if hes the one who wants total vengence. They've just as much chance of opposing Aegon and allying with Dany when she arrives.

This is so dirty...

What goes through Cerseis head is dirty; not what I'am saying. You're twisting my words. :laugh:

I mean the bit where Cersei talks about eating millions of Robs heirs off her fingers and crushing them. That, is, messed, up. :ack:

Why would they march against Dany? They want vengence on Frey and Lannister. They couldn't care less whether Aegon or Dany seats the throne. Indeed we don't know if Aegon plans to make allies with the Starks or if hes the one who wants total vengence. They've just as much chance of opposing Aegon and allying with Dany when she arrives.

The northmen are DONE with southern rule, they can have their red keep and their iron chair to, The North knows one king and his name is stark, The series will end with at least 3 seperate kingdoms, if Dany or faegon tries to force them to kneel she or he will be sorry.

The northmen are DONE with southern rule, they can have their red keep and their iron chair to, The North knows one king and his name is stark, The series will end with at least 3 seperate kingdoms, if Dany or faegon tries to force them to kneel she or he will be sorry.

Against an external force they're far better off united than seperate. Rob Baratheon in the HBO show put it the best when he compared five digits on a hand to one fist. Plus she could simply be magnanomous, more so than Renly and get the North to accept her as Overlord. Or we could have what everybody uber uber uber wants and have JD hook up to make little white furry dragons. Hell even Jorah is technically from the North.

Against an external force they're far better off united than seperate. Rob Baratheon in the HBO show put it the best when he compared five digits on a hand to one fist. Plus she could simply be magnanomous, more so than Renly and get the North to accept her as Overlord. Or we could have what everybody uber uber uber wants and have JD hook up to make little white furry dragons. Hell even Jorah is technically from the North.

The forces of westeros wont fight as one is what robert was trying to say, due to them being loyal to a different region or lord. The northmen will stop the others at the wall as they have done before. I hope dany does try something, she will learn the true meaning of winter is coming.

Well I'll be content with Dragons roasting and eating human flesh by the thousand in Essos. Besides, the purpose of the story isn't that the Starks humiliate Dany, its about beating the Others. Its deeply cynical to argue that the series will end in total failure for one of the main protagonists.

You're 100% sure that she's a protagonist?

Sorry, I just can't get behind the mass slaughter of people who defend their homeland against a foreign invader wielding weapons of mass destruction. But that might just be me.

Or we could have what everybody uber uber uber wants and have JD hook up to make little white furry dragons. Hell even Jorah is technically from the North.

I wouldn't go around assuming that this is what everyone "uber uber uber wants," kiddo.

This is extremely rare.

Yeah, Towton is not the norm for medieval warfare. It's actually, from what I can recall, the bloodiest battle in English history since 1066 and maybe even ever.

The forces of westeros wont fight as one is what robert was trying to say, due to them being loyal to a different region or lord. The northmen will stop the others at the wall as they have done before. I hope dany does try something, she will learn the true meaning of winter is coming.

He says that their unity died with the Mad King because all accepted the Targs as the legit dynasty. They only accept him because of his political marriage to Cersei Lannister and his personal bonds to Jon Arryn n Ned Stark. Without those bonds his dynasty really lacked any legitimacy in anyones eyes.

Why do you want Dany to fail. Her coming to blows with the Starks is a bad thing and not for the good of beating the Others.

Why do you want Dany to fail. Her coming to blows with the Starks is a bad thing and not for the good of beating the Others.

I don't think the Starks need her to defeat the Others.

And I want her to fail because she's an incompetent, torturing, crucifying, egomaniac of a spoiled brat with severe entitlement issues who fucks up just about everything she touches. I'm far more baffled as to why so many people want her to succeed.

Archived