Why did so few people die at the Field of Fire?

total1402

Kings landing is the biggest pile of heaping filth in all westeros, also another example of targ cruelty they killed every builder that worked on it, Yes thats who you want as your king take a job do it to perfection then they kill you.

For your other point . . . yes, their blubbering about being blood of dragon is really annoying, but how did it make their rule worse? Did it make their subjects suffer? How so?

BTW, Stannis could have simply behead them or hang them. Giving them long and agonizing death truly wasn't neccessary.

They forced their subjects to listen to their endless preening about how special they are.

Regarding your second point the same can be said of any Targ that ever burned anyone(most of them)

You do realise there's no such thing as "Targ cruelty". Each member of the Targaryen Dynasty was an individual, with their own personalities and own take on rulership. They each have to be judged on their own merits. Some were good rulers, some weren't so good, some were bloody awful. You can't blame one Targaryen for the actions of another. It'd be like blaming Stannis or Shireen for Robert's rule of drunken debauchery.

Kings landing is the biggest pile of heaping filth in all westeros, also another example of targ cruelty they killed every builder that worked on it, Yes thats who you want as your king take a job do it to perfection then they kill you.

Oh my, do you what medieval capitals smelt like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZgHXAek0No

It's not a Targ thing.

You do realise there's no such thing as "Targ cruelty". Each member of the Targaryen Dynasty was an individual, with their own personalities and own take on rulership. They each have to be judged on their own merits. Some were good rulers, some weren't so good, some were bloody awful. You can't blame one Targaryen for the actions of another. It'd be like blaming Stannis or Shireen for Robert's rule of drunken debauchery.

This is true and i agree with judging people as individuals, but in martins world incest leads to madness and the targs practice incest therfore the targs ruling is a danger to the realm.

1)They forced their subjects to listen to their endless preening about how special they are.

2)Regarding your second point the same can be said of any Targ that ever burned anyone(most of them)

1) You're either joking or an immature individual (troll belongs in this category, too).

2) Most of the Targs never burned anyone. As for those who did: Yes, it could be.That still doesn't make Stannis's actions any better than theirs.

This is true and i agree with judging people as individuals, but in martins world incest leads to madness and the targs practice incest therfore the targs ruling is a danger to the realm.

There might be an element of truth in that, but by no means was every Targaryen insane. Also Targs have been known to marry outside their own dynasty when the need arises, and Rhaegar's heirs would presumably have been less at risk given their dornish blood.

On the other hand, if all Targaryen blood is tainted with madness then isn't there a chance that some of that madness would have been passed on to Robert and Stannis given that their grandmother was a Targaryen?

1) You're either joking or an immature individual (troll belongs in this category, too).

2) Most of the Targs never burned anyone. As for those who did: Yes, it could be.That still doesn't make Stannis's actions any better than theirs.

1) yes that was a joke(thought it was obvious,just trying to lighten things up)

2) never said his actions were better.

Anyway this has gotten waaaay of topic it has been for a while and niether of us are budging on anything. This thread has served the ops purpose. I have to go, later on I will make a thread on targ rule and this can be continued there. I want to see what others have to say about this.

• 1 year later...

What i'm shocked about is that so many died in the first place i mean didn't the rest see that they weren't doing anything against these giant fire breathing monster so they should have broken already. Still it is alot and also the 10,000 burned moral alone would have been shattered.

Archived