How Stannis Met Davos

Winter's Knight

The sharp smell of cooking onions wafted through the castle, pricking tears from the icy eyes of Stannis Baratheon. After all these years, it still drew the same memory...

They had eaten the last of the dogs days ago. The men were growing restless, the women ill and the children wouldn't stop wailing. The Tyrells waiting outside his gates, well fed and ready to pounce,his garrisons hungry and ripe for treason . The septon had urged him to pray, to beseech the gods for a miracle, Cresswen had urged surrender and he had denied them both, sentencing them all to a slow, painful death.

Then he came. Davos Seaworth with his plain face and plainer food, more welcome than the Maid herself would have been at that hour. He brought them onions and potatoes, salted beef and hope. Most of all, he brought Stannis victory, and a friend dearer than his wife and closer than his brothers, the one man who would always be loyal. Stannis would make him a lord but Davos would make him a king.

He inhaled the sharp, wholesome fragrance. The scent of onions, the scent of hope.

The scent of Davos.

The above is a little homage I scribbled to honour Stavos and this

The dynamic the two share makes me happy. :wub:

It also made me feel we need a thread devoted to the two.

Psst, Dr Pepper, this was the best I could do.

The scent of Davos.

Swoon. :love: You'll make a romantic out of me yet.

I was rewatching a couple of Thrones episodes today and got the part where Davos says, "Stannis is my god." It reminded me a lot of Daemon II Blackfyre telling Dunk that he'd look a god in white.

Did Stannis have friends before Davos? Was there any warmth in their relationship or was it always harsh? Was it only harsh because of the stress of war?

Psst, Dr Pepper, this was the best I could do.

It's wonderful and lovely and very rainbow unicorn-esque. I love me some Stannis and Davos. Such a perfect thread as I some peers and I begin a Stannis-focused re-read. Thank you.

I didn't even remember this passage. But it just became one of my favorites. The Davos-Stannis bromance is the best in the series.

That may be because I just made it up. :P

That's the dream!

I was rewatching a couple of Thrones episodes today and got the part where Davos says, "Stannis is my god." It reminded me a lot of Daemon II Blackfyre telling Dunk that he'd look a god in white.

I loved Dunk's confusion at Daeron's not-so-subtle flirting. Poor Dunk. :laugh:

Did Stannis have friends before Davos? Was there any warmth in their relationship or was it always harsh? Was it only harsh because of the stress of war?

I don't think Stannis was ever "nice" but I do think that he was easier to get along with before he discovered Cersei's children. I like to think that Davos was one of the very few people he was comfortable with.

It's wonderful and lovely and very rainbow unicorn-esque. I love me some Stannis and Davos. Such a perfect thread as I some peers and I begin a Stannis-focused re-read. Thank you.

:blush: I aim to please-now if only I could think of some way to get paid for this...

I am looking forward to your reread.

I don't think Stannis was ever "nice" but I do think that he was easier to get along with before he discovered Cersei's children. I like to think that Davos was one of the very few people he was comfortable with.

I wonder if Davos has ever seen Stannis cry. Does Stannis cry? Does Davos cry? Was Davos somber before he met Stannis?

Has Stannis met Lady Seaworth? Would Stannis make Davos his heir?

Questions, questions. I'm not so creative, so I can't add to the Stavos affair. I'll keep asking questions until we get some good engagement.

Stannis would make him a lord but Davos would make him a king.

:bawl: :wub: :bawl: :wub:

Why you gotta write this, WK? I'm tearing up now.

Also guys, Davos named his son after Stannis, true brOTP.

I wonder if Davos has ever seen Stannis cry. Does Stannis cry? Does Davos cry? Was Davos somber before he met Stannis?

Questions, questions. I'm not so creative, so I can't add to the Stavos affair. I'll keep asking questions until we get some good engagement.

:agree: Btw, weren't you planning a Stannis re-read before?

It's wonderful and lovely and very rainbow unicorn-esque. I love me some Stannis and Davos. Such a perfect thread

as I some peers and I begin a Stannis-focused re-read. Thank you.

Will you be posting in the re-read section with the Stannis re-read? If so, I'm looking forward to following along.

So many questions!

Q. Has Davos ever seen Stannis cry?

A. Chances are yes, Davos has seen his king shed manly tears. He has been by him through many troubling times. The death of Cresswen, and of Renly for instance..

Besides he's the Onion Knight, hello!

Most likely though, Davos has made his king weep through his excellent skills at love making.

Q. Does Davos cry?

A. The man's lost four sons. I don't hink he has any tears left.

It's all right though, I cry for both of them. :bawl:

Q. Has Stannis met Marya?

A. WK's mysticl fangirlpoers say yes, Marya would have been presented to Stannis when Davos was elevated.

Q. Would Stannis make Davos his heir?

A. Alas, no. Stnnis would not place such an onerous liability on so dear to him.

:agree: Btw, weren't you planning a Stannis re-read before?

Yup. Still planning. I had a personal emergency that I had to deal with and the three of us had to wait for our schedules to align. We'll be getting started soon.

Will you be posting in the re-read section with the Stannis re-read? If so, I'm looking forward to following along.

I'm hoping we'll be able to frame it so that it can be posted in the General forum. Hopefully it remains in the General forum.

My feelings for Stavos: http://fuckyeahdavos...age/14119337629 http://fuckyeahdavos...theon-and-davos http://www.google.gr...45&tx=53&ty=129

http://byakushi13.tu...nis-x-davos-otp

Also your

made me scream and I wake my sister up. But I loved every second of it!

Archived